Chinese Carbon Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any one have issues in fitting thier BB's ?

No.

But the of course not if you don't know what frame or what bb type...?

No.

But the of course not if you don't know what frame or what bb type...?

Colnago m10 - English BSA 68mm - just seems to be be very tight ... as if it needs to be re threaded...cleaned

Has anyone experienced more flex in their frames over time? I have a FM099 that I build in December last year. For the last month i have experienced a massive increase in flex in the head tube. If I fix the back wheels to my trainer i can litterally move the frame from side to side. Is this normal?

I just got this in my mailbox.

Dear Mr. xxx ,

How are you?

We have following 29er and 27.5'' mountain frames on sale,

XCR 3.0-29er,USD330/pc, MTB990-29er-BB92-USD330/pc, WS09-27.5''-PF30, USD400/pc.

The stock information as following:

XCR 3.0-18''-15 sets, 20''--29 sets,

MTB990-440mm-17 sets, 480mm--8 sets, 520mm--3 sets.

WS09-400mm--10 sets, 430mm--8 sets, 480mm--8 sets.

The photos as attached.

If you need any pls fell free to contact with me.

Best regards!

Loice

gotobike-Loice Skype: gotobike03

2014 Taipei Show:4F M1411

Web: www.gotobike.com.cn

Tel:0086-592-6530392 Fax:0086-592-6514558

Mobile:0086-13515969047

GOTOBIKE offical banking info. is as below,we are only responsible for the payments received by these 3 accounts.

1) HSBC Hongkong

Account Name:GOTOBIKE CARBON COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LIMITED

Account Number:817-213820-838

2) Paypal Account: gotobike@vip.163.com

3) western union: payee: ZhengChang Cai ID NO: 350426198202174511

post-3951-0-35072600-1408008439_thumb.jpgpost-3951-0-92017400-1408008464_thumb.jpgpost-3951-0-27114100-1408008472_thumb.jpg

Has anyone experienced more flex in their frames over time? I have a FM099 that I build in December last year. For the last month i have experienced a massive increase in flex in the head tube. If I fix the back wheels to my trainer i can litterally move the frame from side to side. Is this normal?

Interesting you mention that - I've been looking at a buying a set of Chinese Wheels, and have spoken to a few people who own sets. They are all very complimentary, but a few of the people I have spoken to did mention that they seem to be flexing a bit more than when they first bought the wheels.

Regarding the flex, I've noticed if you do a "Track stand"but lean slightly to the left and push down on the leading cleat . It does seem to flex quite a bit.

But then again I am applying pressure in an exaggerated angle to the BB .

Interesting you mention that - I've been looking at a buying a set of Chinese Wheels, and have spoken to a few people who own sets. They are all very complimentary, but a few of the people I have spoken to did mention that they seem to be flexing a bit more than when they first bought the wheels.

I have had endless problems with my chinese back wheel (50mm deep sections). It was also bought in December with the frame. I have had to pull out of 5 races already because of it. The spokes keep on braking (it breaks where it enters the hub). Have taken it to 2 bike shops to realine, fix and recamber the wheels. Still not sure why it happens. Have also replaced the non-drive side spokes with round spokes (in stead of the bladed spokes it came with). This helped a little bit. A friend of mine also bought a set. he had just as much issues with his (he broke the nipples every time). And yes, they definatily are not that stiff. I personally won't buy chinese again. Racing elites, you need something alot more solid.

Regarding the flex, I've noticed if you do a "Track stand"but lean slightly to the left and push down on the leading cleat . It does seem to flex quite a bit.

But then again I am applying pressure in an exaggerated angle to the BB .

I think all bikes have some flex in their BB area. You will notice this especially when fixed to a trainer. However, i do think the chinese frames might have even more. Edited by build2race

Had the issue with my FS frame i bought... How ever took it to engineering shop to re machine the pivot bushes and to bring the tolerances closer. Everything's running like a top. No more flex. But yes the carbon frames do have more flex.. If you can or have the option go for thru axial and more secure quick release systems. Road bikes are another story

I have had endless problems with my chinese back wheel (50mm deep sections). It was also bought in December with the frame. I have had to pull out of 5 races already because of it. The spokes keep on braking (it breaks where it enters the hub). Have taken it to 2 bike shops to realine, fix and recamber the wheels. Still not sure why it happens. Have also replaced the non-drive side spokes with round spokes (in stead of the bladed spokes it came with). This helped a little bit. A friend of mine also bought a set. he had just as much issues with his (he broke the nipples every time). And yes, they definatily are not that stiff. I personally won't buy chinese again. Racing elites, you need something alot more solid.

Which Company did you use?

So for those of you worried about not having a warrantee, I have to rave about flyxi!!

My frame had the very tiniest of nicks right on the bended edge on the bottom of the BB. Smaller than the width of my pinky nail and about 2mm wide.

So, not too concerned, but more interested in how efficient they are, I contacted them about it.

Some back and forth for a few days, some pics, I was offered that I ship the frame back to them, and they'll Send a new one and refund me shipping when it arrives. So I though that was good, but replied saying that it's race season and I cant live without my only bike for the 4 weeks it would probably take.

So they then offered that I get it fixed at a local repair place and they'll refund me the charges!! So I was impressed, and pushed my luck further. Saying the repair would take too long, could I just buy another frame at a decent discount (approx. price minus what shipping refund would cost). They obliged, so I'll be having a spare frame and fork for a really good price.

Just wonder if any of our brands would do the same kind of thing??

And with regards to wheels and getting flexy - I ride two sets, 60mm and 38.

I took my wheels to anton at summit, who retentioned and checked as trued them. I did this after just taking the 60s for a ride, and before I even touched the 38s.

They have been spectacular since!!! Not a hint of flex, no spokes breaking, and are truer than the bible! Bear in mind, I'm 100kgs with kit!!!

So seriously good, and ridiculously impressed wth the after sales service received now, considering the language barrier and the distance. I'll now have a frame and fork in reserve, and maybe build it up if I have the funds laying around!

Edited by DragoRosso

Colnago m10 - English BSA 68mm - just seems to be be very tight ... as if it needs to be re threaded...cleaned

Mine was fine, however I did use some clean grease on the threads before installing? Maybe that will help?

So for those of you worried about not having a warrantee, I have to rave about flyxi!!

My frame had the very tiniest of nicks right on the bended edge on the bottom of the BB. Smaller than the width of my pinky nail and about 2mm wide.

So, not too concerned, but more interested in how efficient they are, I contacted them about it.

Some back and forth for a few days, some pics, I was offered that I ship the frame back to them, and they'll Send a new one and refund me shipping when it arrives. So I though that was good, but replied saying that it's race season and I cant live without my only bike for the 4 weeks it would probably take.

So they then offered that I get it fixed at a local repair place and they'll refund me the charges!! So I was impressed, and pushed my luck further. Saying the repair would take too long, could I just buy another frame at a decent discount (approx. price minus what shipping refund would cost). They obliged, so I'll be having a spare frame and fork for a really good price.

Just wonder if any of our brands would do the same kind of thing??

And with regards to wheels and getting flexy - I ride two sets, 60mm and 38.

I took my wheels to anton at summit, who retentioned and checked as trued them. I did this after just taking the 60s for a ride, and before I even touched the 38s.

They have been spectacular since!!! Not a hint of flex, no spokes breaking, and are truer than the bible! Bear in mind, I'm 100kgs with kit!!!

So seriously good, and ridiculously impressed wth the after sales service received now, considering the language barrier and the distance. I'll now have a frame and fork in reserve, and maybe build it up if I have the funds laying around!

I see a SS build in your future :)

I see a SS build in your future :)

That may be reserved for the old steel alpine sitting at the end of my flat!! Wish I didn't live at the top of a hill....