Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Josh, you either need to remove the branding or destroy this post. It is an ILLEGAL product. 

You're now openly trying to sidestep our T&Cs after being warned against fake items. In line with our policies your Bike Hub account will now be suspended. 

Nooit man! One always needs at least one Village Idiot in our community :whistling:  :whistling: 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see CSC also manufacture bars but they have no reviews... their wheels have good reviews though... I checked CWC and Evobikes and carbon bars are around R4k. I'm pretty sure I saw cheaper ones in store in the past though... now that I decided to upgrade for carbon wheels I wouldn't mind carbon bars

If you are concerned about CSC, why not consider proven quality well priced components from reputable manufacturers such as Flyxii, Hongfu, Dengfu ?

I am very happy with the Flyxii stuff I bought.

Edited by eddy

well well well, shipment was intercepted at EMS and said with the lockdown they recommend cancelling the order... let's see after the lockdown !

well well well, shipment was intercepted at EMS and said with the lockdown they recommend cancelling the order... let's see after the lockdown !

Brave man. 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

FM156 frame

I bought a frame a few years ago, it got damaged and was standing a while. Finally got it fixed and then it was standing again... Now that I have the time to build it back up again, I noticed that the one piece of the hanger is gone(derailleur side). Now here is the problem, I want to get a new one, nut I cant get hold of dengfu for some reason since before the lockdown situations began from all over. I want to change the hangers to thru axle as well. Anybody know where I can get these parts?

Hi everyone

FM156 frame

I bought a frame a few years ago, it got damaged and was standing a while. Finally got it fixed and then it was standing again... Now that I have the time to build it back up again, I noticed that the one piece of the hanger is gone(derailleur side). Now here is the problem, I want to get a new one, nut I cant get hold of dengfu for some reason since before the lockdown situations began from all over. I want to change the hangers to thru axle as well. Anybody know where I can get these parts?

maybe post a pic of the dropouts, WMF makes a lot of hanger types and someone can maybe assist this way.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I'm looking to build myself a road bike and from what I've read, the importing from china route is a good option.

Has anyone recently purchased a road disc frameset that can offer some advice?

I'm quite new, so not sure regarding different tyre clearance sizes and BB variants.

Also with regards to sizing, what is the best way to go about it? I'm 6.0ft

Thanks!

Hi guys

I'm looking to build myself a road bike and from what I've read, the importing from china route is a good option.

Has anyone recently purchased a road disc frameset that can offer some advice?

I'm quite new, so not sure regarding different tyre clearance sizes and BB variants.

Also with regards to sizing, what is the best way to go about it? I'm 6.0ft

Thanks!

LightCarbon do some quality stuff from what I've heard.

https://www.lightcarbon.com/road-frames_c5

Below is the email they sent me when I asked for a quote:

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry on our website.

"LCR007-V rim brake super light rim brake UD black matte cost US$495 includes Frame +fork +seat post +clamp(Which size do you want?)

As I check, the shipping cost to your address for one frame and small parts is US$132 by EMS express;

Is it workable for you? If yes, which model and size do you want? The payment we can accept are the Paypal (4%handling charge of total cost)or Bank transfer(US$30 charge)

Attachment is the complete bike photo from other customers’ show for your reference.

Best regards,

Wendy"

Edited by Kalahari Vegmot

maybe post a pic of the dropouts, WMF makes a lot of hanger types and someone can maybe assist this way.

Here is a pic of the hanger part. I need both sides for Thru Axle and QR if possible. If not, I really just need either one to get the frame usable again.

post-29974-0-29126800-1593017110_thumb.jpg

Edited by Carbon Junky

Here is a pic of the hanger part. I need both sides for Thru Axle and QR if possible. If not, I really just need either one to get the frame usable again.

Make contact with keanbikes(Theuns Goosen) or adrenaline bikes(Willie Engelbrecht), and it maybe worthwhile checking up with tri-cycles(edge_design, Shaun) and summit bikes (Dominic Calitz)

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you guys sourced a Gravel specific frame ?

Any recommendations ?

Edit: It would help if I searched before posting  :blush:

Lots of info here

Edited by splat

• 1 month later...

I bought a full sus mtb frame from Carbon Speed towards the end of 2018.  The transaction was fine and no issues to speak of.  This was the first time buying from Carbonspeed.  Build quality was on par with the other manufactures I had bought from.  Here is a pic just after I had built it up:

post-26499-0-56938000-1599079233_thumb.jpg

Having bought a handful of blank frames I was getting tired of the black frame look.  So earlier this year I took the bike apart and started the process of sanding it down and giving it a coat of paint.  I eventually finished a couple months later - Corona delayed getting some of the paint etc and life generally just got in the way.

Anyway, a few pics of the bike as it looks now.   Now I just need to convince the boss my road and gravel bike needs some color  :devil:

post-26499-0-00803800-1599079943_thumb.jpg

post-26499-0-17358900-1599079976_thumb.jpg

post-26499-0-67051200-1599080000_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Anybody recently bought disc road wheels from China? Seems like they now do not ship to us...and the few that does... Asks a ton of cash to ship via fedex... Any advice/assistance will be helpfull.

Edited by Robo

Anybody recently bought disc road wheels from China? Seems like they now do not ship to us...and the few that does... Asks a ton of cash to ship via fedex... Any advice/assistance will be helpfull.

You can use Aramex Global shopper

Have you treid Tokyo Wheels?

https://www.tokyowheel.com/