Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many reviews of IPLAY mtb wheels on MTBR.com, many options.

But the limited rider weight is not so sure 100%, mostly is 100kg.

My personal experience with iPlay is not so good and I won't be ordering from them again.  I ordered a frame before the Chinese National Holiday and was told it would ship the day after the end of the holiday (that was yesterday). I e-mailed to ask for a tracking number and was informed, rather irritably, that they had just returned from holiday and will ship it today.  E-mailed today to again ask for a shipping number.  Get this: he says they have no bubblewrap to protect the frame and can only ship on Monday :huh:

My personal experience with iPlay is not so good and I won't be ordering from them again.  I ordered a frame before the Chinese National Holiday and was told it would ship the day after the end of the holiday (that was yesterday). I e-mailed to ask for a tracking number and was informed, rather irritably, that they had just returned from holiday and will ship it today.  E-mailed today to again ask for a shipping number.  Get this: he says they have no bubblewrap to protect the frame and can only ship on Monday :huh:

Sometimes there are some emergencies from supplier, but some need to be understood (like the factory is really busy so that delay the lead time, or on holidays etc), i think they will send goods to you asap as he said, products quality is most important for us!

You do know that as soon as the frame lands in SA it goes into the post office system and with the strike on you are likely to wait weeks if not months for delivery?

I ordered the new F8 frame at the beginning of September, it has yet to arrive and was hoping to have it built up ready for the 94.7... that is seemingly very unlikely now!!

So personally a couple of days delay in shipping from China might actually be a small blessing in that by the time your frame arrives in SA the strike might be over and you will get it delivered sooner rather than later!!

I ordered a ultegra 11 speed from them. Worked out at 14% vat plus some handeling fee of R300...

Anyone imported a groupset from Merlin cycles for your build? What import duties we looking at on a groupset?

Edited by nero123

You do know that as soon as the frame lands in SA it goes into the post office system and with the strike on you are likely to wait weeks if not months for delivery?

I ordered the new F8 frame at the beginning of September, it has yet to arrive and was hoping to have it built up ready for the 94.7... that is seemingly very unlikely now!!

So personally a couple of days delay in shipping from China might actually be a small blessing in that by the time your frame arrives in SA the strike might be over and you will get it delivered sooner rather than later!!

Yeah, I'm not too worried about a few days either way.  I'm concerned because of that very strange excuse.  Also didn't care for the tone of their e-mail when I inquired about a shipping number at the end of the day on which they had promised to ship it.  For now, I'll wait and see what happens.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about a few days either way. I'm concerned because of that very strange excuse. Also didn't care for the tone of their e-mail when I inquired about a shipping number at the end of the day on which they had promised to ship it. For now, I'll wait and see what happens.

I think relax re the tone of reply. With te language barrier, it seems that they lose the expression of feeling when they go off script (you know, any replies other than the normal FAQ's. I always found then abrupt when asking anything out of the ordinary, and realise it's not annoyance, but simply lost in translation.

The post office is a real bastard with these strikes. But good luck with the package man. Keep smiling and stay patient. Patience is the killer when buying from china!!

I think relax re the tone of reply. With te language barrier, it seems that they lose the expression of feeling when they go off script (you know, any replies other than the normal FAQ's. I always found then abrupt when asking anything out of the ordinary, and realise it's not annoyance, but simply lost in translation.

The post office is a real bastard with these strikes. But good luck with the package man. Keep smiling and stay patient. Patience is the killer when buying from china!!

That makes a lot of sense.  Thanks for putting my mind at ease!

I have a delivery which has arrived at Johannesburg International Airport. I presume it is at the Post Office as it came in via EMS. 

How can I get another clearing agent collect this parcel and deliver it to me? Can this be done?

Anybody placing orders soon, I need a new carbon 29er frame?

What happened to yours, I'm might be order from flyxii, they offer free shipping so you me doesn't matter...

What happened to yours, I'm might be order from flyxii, they offer free shipping so you me doesn't matter...

I would like to join you guys on this group buy,

Also ordered a F8 - who did you get yours from? I was informed today they will only ship my order from the 6th on the 28th ...