Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Looks slick in that black. Is the tyre clearance on the seatstays as tight as it looks in the photo?

Clearance on the frame is about the same as what it was on my Silverback Sola, Clearance at the Seat stay, is slightly smaller than at the BB, also running wider 2.25 tires on a wider rim.

Will upload some pics of clearance a little later for you.

Edit: you can also purchase a boost, plus+ rear triangle which fits the same front triangle if your looking for more clearance or to run a plus wheelset

Edited by brad890

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking fab!

Whats the USD price of that frame at the moment?

Thanks!!

Going rate is U$D 660 ex shipping, I went direct with Alice at Shenzhen Baolijia Sports Equipment Co.

How good is Hong Fu exactly? Would you say it is 'safe' to buy from them?

I'm looking to buy a TT frame, and they are one of the more common Chinese Carbon suppliers.

Is it a viable option?

I bought a frame from Hong Fu. Great service Edited by Boerklong

Looks slick in that black. Is the tyre clearance on the seatstays as tight as it looks in the photo?

The clearance is actually a little tight at the top of the rear triangle. Now that I look again.

That said I rodd some pretty muddy stuff today and didnt have any issues.

The vittoria saguaro 2.2 i have on are wider than the maxxis I had before.

post-13613-0-60058100-1514034184_thumb.jpg

post-13613-0-93128800-1514034198_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

You guys with all these Chinese frames, how do you insure them ?

Normally the insurance what's the frame's serial number and none of these frames have serial numbers ?

I don't have a chinese carbon frame, but my insurance has never asked me for a frame serial number. I insured it as a mountain bike, specified my parts and worth, and pay a premium per month

I don't have a chinese carbon frame, but my insurance has never asked me for a frame serial number. I insured it as a mountain bike, specified my parts and worth, and pay a premium per month

Who are you insured with ?

My insurance asks for the serial number and nothing about the components.

Asks the value as well, which is always a given.

I'm at Aon

• 4 weeks later...

I'm with Sanlam - never asked for S/N...

I had a bike shop do a valuation of the bike and gave that to them - with photos of the bike.  No questions asked...

Just specify it as a Chinese bike, with replacement value according to  Aliexpress. (Send them screen-prints of your order / credit card statement + SAPO duties slip as value paid)

There 245 posts of feedback on the frame, most complain of delivery time which is the post office world over, otherwise the first half a dozen or so I read said the quality and finish good.... so not sure what your question or concerns are unless you have not bothered reading the feadback posted?

I have just built one of these and these guys are on the ball. Comms were great and the quality seems pretty good too. It is my first carbon frame so can't compare it to anything. I've only done 50km so far but I'm super happy and like the way it rides.

My order was placed on 2 Jan and shipped free with EMS. I received it last Thursday. This was in no way the sellers fault as it sat at Jhb Mail Hub for quite some time waiting for customs clearance. Once they got to it it went through without issue. It was then not able to be delivered as the lady who runs our very small in the sticks post office decided to take two weeks off to take her mother to hospital. Once I knew this I had it redirected to the next closest PO and collected it the next day. Only had to pay about R250 which I think was for Vat. Patience is important when waiting for delivery. However, when in short supply I found calling the PO customer care first thing in the morning most effective. Calling SA EMS is futile.

Issues? One, the inside finish on the head tube is a little rough but does not effect the headset bearing seating and Not noticeable once these were in. Two, the shape of the frame seems slightly different to the pics on Ali. It's not a big deal but the top tube seems wider at the top and the area where the internal cables enter is shorter and more stumpy than the pics depict. Lastly, an Absolute Black oval 34T on an M8000 crank runs quite close to the frame with a single spacer on the BB. Not sure what circumstance will cause this to be a problem but I just noticed it.

This is just some constructive feedback from my experience and to maybe set your mind ease if you are going this route for the first time. I would have liked to have heard this when I bought.

Honestly though. At R2900 with the current exchange rate and free shipping it's a no brainer. PM me if you need any more detail.

There 245 posts of feedback on the frame, most complain of delivery time which is the post office world over, otherwise the first half a dozen or so I read said the quality and finish good.... so not sure what your question or concerns are unless you have not bothered reading the feadback posted?

Thanks!

I have read the reviews - Was just wondering if anyone has maybe had experience on this frame as it seems quite popular. Also - My main concern is the in cable routing - Lots of people complain about the Right brake being on the back has caused issues on Chinese frames (Not only this one - Only say one person mentioned this on this frame) - But apart from that worry - It seems all good. 

This frame also has the weight limit at 250KG. Other companies I approached are at 100/130 max. Some info is anyone is wondering. :thumbup:

Thanks!

I have read the reviews - Was just wondering if anyone has maybe had experience on this frame as it seems quite popular. Also - My main concern is the in cable routing - Lots of people complain about the Right brake being on the back has caused issues on Chinese frames (Not only this one - Only say one person mentioned this on this frame) - But apart from that worry - It seems all good. 

This frame also has the weight limit at 250KG. Other companies I approached are at 100/130 max. Some info is anyone is wondering. :thumbup:

I didn't get that frame but I got this one and they look identical as far as I can tell:

http://www.xmiplay.com/ProductDetails1723

The cable routing isn't an issue, you can take the brake hose through either side and to the back.