Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

I will do a full review when I get a gap. Haven’t fully tested it yet.

Solty did the spray job myself. The name Cwili River is a little river that runs into the sea in Kei Mouth where all my family is from. My favorite spot in SA!

@Boerklong Did you also build a CS-821 from XMC? Where did it crack?

You won't have warrantee problems with Peter - my race partner broke a wheel on a rock (with a flat) and he warranteed it - probably didn't have to but he did.

My rims from them have probably 3000km of racing in them and they are still good.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't have warrantee problems with Peter - my race partner broke a wheel on a rock (with a flat) and he warranteed it - probably didn't have to but he did.

My rims from them have probably 3000km of racing in them and they are still good.

Yeah he's a top guy. Really great to deal with.

I second Peter - great dealing with him.

Out of interest, what rims did you go with?  Rims are on my 'to do' list - since about 2016 ;-)

I second Peter - great dealing with him.

Out of interest, what rims did you go with?  Rims are on my 'to do' list - since about 2016 ;-)

It's on my home PC - will look up and revert - it's a 30 x 30 mtb rim he did without internal spoke holes for me.

Finally completed my chiner build. CS-821 from XM-Carbonspeed

that is rather sexy, enjoy!

It's on my home PC - will look up and revert - it's a 30 x 30 mtb rim he did without internal spoke holes for me.

FHR930C 32h without spoke holes in rim bed ;)

I think I ended up getting the same ones you posted about.

FHR930C 32h without spoke holes in rim bed ;)

I think I ended up getting the same ones you posted about.

your wheelbuilders must have been wearing at you lot when building those wheels and fitting the nipples through the holes.

your wheelbuilders must have been wearing at you lot when building those wheels and fitting the nipples through the holes.

I built them myself with some final truing assistance from Jason Geldenhuys - it's really simple with a magnet and some magnetic spoke ends - doubt it takes more than 5 minutes extra because of the missing holes.

I built them myself with some final truing assistance from Jason Geldenhuys - it's really simple with a magnet and some magnetic spoke ends - doubt it takes more than 5 minutes extra because of the missing holes.

awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Just posting here to add my experience with a company called Yoeleo Sports. Did a bikehub search and nothing came up so thought I'd let you all know. 

After a fair amount of internet research, I settled for this company. Their carbon wheels are UCI approved (not really sure what that means) and they sponsor many amateur teams. They also have a presence in Australia.

Ordered a set of 38mm/50mm tubeless (no holes) carbon wheels with Sapim CX Ray spokes and Novatec hubs (didn't want loud DT Swiss) on their easy-to-use website (not aliexpress). Payment made on 13 March, didn't hear much from them so emailed the rep (Jasmine) who replied very quickly confirming the order. She then confirmed shipping on 20 March and I expected to wait weeks, if not months. But, no, the wheels were in my hands today, 27 March. Incredible. They offer free shipping and my order was sent via courier. Not sure if this is standard operating procedure though...

Just unboxed them and they look and feel top quality. Will update once I've put a few thousand km on them - shoudln't be too long as these will be my daily and race wheels.

post-17602-0-88847500-1522151277_thumb.png

Hey guys.

Just posting here to add my experience with a company called Yoeleo Sports. Did a bikehub search and nothing came up so thought I'd let you all know. 

After a fair amount of internet research, I settled for this company. Their carbon wheels are UCI approved (not really sure what that means) and they sponsor many amateur teams. They also have a presence in Australia.

Ordered a set of 38mm/50mm tubeless (no holes) carbon wheels with Sapim CX Ray spokes and Novatec hubs (didn't want loud DT Swiss) on their easy-to-use website (not aliexpress). Payment made on 13 March, didn't hear much from them so emailed the rep (Jasmine) who replied very quickly confirming the order. She then confirmed shipping on 20 March and I expected to wait weeks, if not months. But, no, the wheels were in my hands today, 27 March. Incredible. They offer free shipping and my order was sent via courier. Not sure if this is standard operating procedure though...

Just unboxed them and they look and feel top quality. Will update once I've put a few thousand km on them - shoudln't be too long as these will be my daily and race wheels.

How much did it cost?

25mm u shape rims?

Straight pull spokes?

R8375 plus R568 handling fee (think I got lucky with customs for a change!)

25mm U shape, yes.

Normal j-bend spokes (think that's hub related?)

Includes brake pads, skewers, valve extenders (but no valves) and 3 spare spokes. 

How much did it cost?

25mm u shape rims?

Straight pull spokes?

They have been around a long time, whilst the likes of Dengfu and Hong-fu concentrated on frames, Yoeleo originally were just wheels.  I see they are doing frames and other components now.

https://www.yoeleobike.com/

Edited by shaper