Gear for Enduro 2.0

DR ◣◢

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

p5pb15084785.jpg

p1pb6168857.jpg  Carbocage chain device complete with a 3D printed lower section.

I like this alot

Until you ride with a carbon chainguide!

It's like riding with a beercan full of stones taped to your bike.

Until you ride with a carbon chainguide!

It's like riding with a beercan full of stones taped to your bike.

I had one of these on my old carbon stumpy and it certainly did not make a noise..

p4pb9234610.jpg

I had one of these on my old carbon stumpy and it certainly did not make a noise..

A chainguide isn't going to rattle on a road commute......

I've had 1 of those boys too and my bike sounded like a bag of spanners falling down the stairs until I remedied the situation with velcro. In fact I think it's still in my box of spares.

Look that's just my experience. 

Done 2 Alps trips with NW and never lost a chain so for me chainguides are confined to the history books. Anyone who's ridden Les Gets Main line will know if there's a place in the world you will lose a chain it's there. There are about 100000000000000000000000 braking bumps on that trail.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I've had 1 of those boys too and my bike sounded like a bag of spanners falling down the stairs until I remedied the situation with velcro. In fact I think it's still in my box of spares.

Done 2 Alps trips with NW and never lost a chain so for me chainguides are confined to the history books. Anyone who's ridden Les Gets Main line will know if there's a place in the world you will lose a chain it's there. There are about 100000000000000000000000 braking bumps on that trail.

Which NW ring you using?

T'Sek  :P

The stumpy rarely did any road work, thank fully. She was running on a SS not NW ring too.

Out of interest, have your experiences with alu and plastic guides been better RE the beer can rattle noise?

Which NW ring you using?

FWIW - ran a Raceface on my reign x. Dropped left right and centre, with proper chain length and a SRAM x9 type 2 rd. Changed that to a SRAM XX1 and no problems. 

Same with Kalbo ring, current ring (cheap chinese ****) and a Praxis ring. No drops at all. I fully eblieve it's related to the tooth profile. Rounded / pointy like the RF = bad. Square like XX1 = good. New XX1 = best, apparently. 

Unless it was my technique at fault, or the clutch that was faulty. But the diff between the RF & XX1 rings was night and day. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Out of interest, have your experiences with alu and plastic guides been better RE the beer can rattle noise?

Ja the guide that came on my Fury was pretty quiet. It was an E.13.

• 2 months later...

p5pb15084744.jpg

p1pb6168857.jpg  Polygon UR have their hands on some chunky 220mm rotors to pair with their Trickstuff stoppers.

Can't wait to get my hands on some of these! 220 in the front and 203 on the back. I wonder if adapters will be readily available - I am already using a getting adapted 180mm adapter for the 203mm rotor.

Y tho? (For this thread)

Because fat.