Spengle-Carbon-Monocoque_tri-spoke-full-

Save

Save

There is nothing - not price, looks, durability, uniqueness, the name - at all that would convince me to ever try a pair.

Looks like wheels Porsche or BMW would put on one of their showroom bicycles. Maybe if I owned a few M series T-shirts and a nice bright red Ferrari jacket I'd be inclined to put these wheels on my bike.

Doesn't mean because something can be done it should be done.

Getting mine hopefully this week still, if so I'll take them out for a spin over the weekend and comment here again. 

UPDATE:

Took the pads out for a spin at Haka yesterday.

First impressions are that they are more bulky than what the pictures suggest, so if that's a deal breaker for someone I suggest having a look at them first. 

The fit is superb, first time riding with them and I have no chaffing and they didn't slip down or move around at all. Pedaling is not an issue. They do get hot though (humid 31degree yesterday) but for the amount of protection they offer its not a bad trade off.

Luckily no crash test took place but so far I would recommend these pads for Enduro type riding for sure. 

Rode with a Hans Damph on the front Saturday. No feel. Lost the front a million times. Had a crash. The ONLY thing that tire is good for is the bin.

That was a very silly thing to do. The rules are 1. Only use one when its brand new 2. Only in soft conditions. 

Rode with a Hans Damph on the front Saturday. No feel. Lost the front a million times. Had a crash. The ONLY thing that tire is good for is the bin.

Lord only knows why Schwalbe still make that abomination of a tyre. 

Lord only knows why Schwalbe still make that abomination of a tyre. 

Terrible thing. 26er problems tho. Getting tires. It came with the donor bike I built from. Luckily a mate is giving me a set of new Minions. He's also throwing in the wheelset they are attached to. Easton Havoc. Is that good?

Terrible thing. 26er problems tho. Getting tires. It came with the donor bike I built from. Luckily a mate is giving me a set of new Minions. He's also throwing in the wheelset they are attached to. Easton Havoc. Is that good?

If it's free, it's good.  :thumbup:

If it's free, it's good.  :thumbup:

I've also got a set of ex Minnaar Chris King's on Enve rims. No one wants that stuff anymore but I had a blast on my "old" 26er on Saturday.

Apart from losing the front a million times and landing on my head the once.

I've also got a set of ex Minnaar Chris King's on Enve rims. No one wants that stuff anymore but I had a blast on my "old" 26er on Saturday.

Apart from losing the front a million times and landing on my head the once

I think tyres are the most underrated piece of equipment on a bike, with wheel size being the most overrated. 

UPDATE:

Took the pads out for a spin at Haka yesterday.

First impressions are that they are more bulky than what the pictures suggest, so if that's a deal breaker for someone I suggest having a look at them first.

The fit is superb, first time riding with them and I have no chaffing and they didn't slip down or move around at all. Pedaling is not an issue. They do get hot though (humid 31degree yesterday) but for the amount of protection they offer its not a bad trade off.

Luckily no crash test took place but so far I would recommend these pads for Enduro type riding for sure.

Humid in Gauteng,really!???? Edited by Bizkit031

Apart from losing the front a million times and landing on my head the once.

I'd stick with the Enves. Not sure which Havocs you're talking about. But I distinctly remember them being a bit narrow for my liking. Even back then. They're also 28 spoke if I'm not mistaken. The havoc's were touted as the DH wheel set while the Havens were trail if I remember correctly. The Havoc's were light though. By DH standards I guess. So they ended up gracing more trail than dh bikes. I guess the same can be said for flows too.

Tyre's are a funny thing aren't they. I have a buddy who loves HD. Front and back on his Remedy. You could order a set of these off crc. They are a bitch to seat. They can't roll for ****. But they stick like glue. 

cizgvesy4043v0mp8ocepezka-wild-rockr2-ad

Got Deemax Ultimates on there ATM. The Enve's are in an undisclosed location.

Haha. Not much has changed then. Remember when The Syndicate were racing on Enves for like 2 years or something before Enve actually made them available to the public? Then nobody could afford them anyways.

I'm still rolling on a 26 Glory. Not worried about tyres really. Got 2 spare sets of HR and DHF.

You guys who moved onto 650b early have forgotten the struggle. Welcome back.