Adverse analytical finding in recent mountain bike stage race

Tumbleweed

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They want 2500 swiss franks... are they effing nuts?

Id tell them to **** right off, ive accepted my ban.

Then before they bitch to CSA, inform CSA that before they start with any disciplinary proceedings of any kind that they must also **** off and not bother contacting you, wasting your time or theirs.

Just out of interest; have you tried entering any of the events, e.g. Three Towers or even a one day event? Would love to see whether it actually identifies you as a banned rider and stops you from entering.

That's a really BIG fine, but I suppose if you run with the big dogs..........you have to accept the same risks as any other rider doing a UCI sanctioned race. I can't tell you how best to deal with it, you have to figure out what is right and wrong for you.

I would imagine that because the Epic is a UCI listed race, their rules surmount CSA's which in this case (and I imagine in every other) has a schedule that stipulates the relevant fines.

What is the CSA fine (if any) for an admission of guilt in an adverse analytical finding? Can't imagine it is anywhere near R25k.

My first reaction was the same, but then I was wondering - who should carry the man-hour cost for your tests? Do you think it is fair that other UCI members sponsor it?

Just for reference: I'm not a UCI member and don't read medicine labels when I'm sick. (Would probably test positive as well.)

I think the tjop who took it on himself to test a "back marker" should be liable for all these costs. He has proved nothing with this test and this test has done very little to actually clean this sport up

I would imagine that because the Epic is a UCI listed race, their rules surmount CSA's which in this case (and I imagine in every other) has a schedule that stipulates the relevant fines.

What is the CSA fine (if any) for an admission of guilt in an adverse analytical finding? Can't imagine it is anywhere near R25k.

If they do want the bucks tell them you cant afford it all and if they want the money they must come collect R500 installments every month as you have a family to feed. Its that or nothing.

Seems trivial and insignificant, but honestly, for me, not being able to participate in events with my mates is quite punishing. I'd love to ride 3 Towers this year. 2 years of no events is really ***.

Can you not offer to accept the ban but refuse to pay the fine? If you wait for the CSA action there may well be further costs that they expect you to pay? Alternatively by the time CSA do go thru the motions there may be enough time to squeeze 3 towers in

Hey, why don't you get a second job to pay for the lawyers fees? Perhaps phone super sport to see if they need a co host for the weekly cycling programme. Assuming you have a voice like honey, did I spell that right?

I suppose you should look at the UCI rules to see if they specify the fine amount and under what conditions they apply. Essentially when you entered you probably accepted the rules in some form. Then you could possibly plead mitigating circumstances around the fine amount or offer ridiculous payment terms.

Can you not offer to accept the ban but refuse to pay the fine? If you wait for the CSA action there may well be further costs that they expect you to pay? Alternatively by the time CSA do go thru the motions there may be enough time to squeeze 3 towers in

That's what I suggested to the UCI. I cc'd William Newman (the big cheese at CSA) in on the mail and await a response. I was provisionally suspended from all races until the outcome. A few ppl have suggested just racing anyway and stuff CSA, but that's not the right thing to do. Also, the last thing I need is a heaftier sentence for blatant defiance. I'll take the 2 years, but there's no way I'm paying a fine. Telling them it's not within my financial means is not just a story, it's a fact, and that's exactly what I've said.

for some reason i missed this thread completely and found it quite interesting reading after the fact. My take on things is while i do not agree with the use of steroids of any form of PEP what benefit is there to testing a middle to back marker. Their result is immaterial in every aspect except the competition amongst peers. I believe the that guilty part has expressed himself honestly and I respect him for that despite my feeling about Steroids etc. It is also pleasing to see how our sport has successfully helped him move away from that.

As for the ban - i think it is fair. As for the fine - not so much. An small arbitration hearing with both parties could very easily sort that out.

To answer the question of "what would happen if you entered anyway" absolutely nothing - Online entry companies are not verifying whether a rider is banned r not during an entry process. At best they are checking if they have CSA membership and if not selling a day license

ME PERSONALLY I WOULD TELL THEM U SENDING THEM A PINEAPPLE(they can figure out what to do with it)

IMHO the CSA has there head up there assses,,i have paid my licence 3 times this year and for some or other REASON each time i get to a race i have to pay my "daily entry fee".. i will put that 30k on a bet when u enter they COULD NOT FIGURE IT OUT since after a few rounds with me explaining that i paid my fees, the answer i got was "our system is not 100%updated" ON 3 DIFFERENT RACES

Why do you not want to pay the fine ? Is it because you do not have the money, or because it is to much in your opinion ?

Why do you not want to pay the fine ? Is it because you do not have the money, or because it is to much in your opinion ?

QUESTION with a question slows,, do you think the "FINE" is realistic?????