SA MTB Ballies (over 30) Mentalities ??? Please explain

nigelhicks

Not to be ugly, but I think there will be a few bruised egos after all this.

I know one or two that are deservedly going to have that happen to them this weekend

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know one or two that are deservedly going to have that happen to them this weekend

If you think the Masters XCO has some overblown egos, moaners and pretenders wait until the Masters Marathon next year.

The topic should be "What is wrong with South African's attitudes?"

If you think the Masters XCO has some overblown egos, moaners and pretenders wait until the Masters Marathon next year.

When and where is the masters Marathon?

Sorri i'm lazy to google it

Still a little intruiged that over 30 is considered a 'ballie'...you young whippersnapper.

except the "ballie" that started the topic is over 30 himself!

The topic should be "What is wrong with South African's attitudes?"

To be accurate it's not a "South African" thing, there are supporters and protestors of the section removal locally and from the overseas riders.

That much was very clear at the rider's briefing.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved this course , i still dream about it . sad that so many complained about the drop in at the finish and got it removed , but hay .

well done to the guys in Kzn , you did a outstanding job, this track was mind blowing and so fun and exciting to ride .after a week of riding racing I left no skin behind :whistling: .

its hands down one of the best xco tracks in the world that I have ridden !

Agreed - I know of guys that rode the course before MTN Hilton and the response was **** that I'm not ****** riding that **** course its ****** ******.

Oom , its was not this bad at all , everything was fun to ride .

however there were some local and international riders who had thier eyes opened WIDE.

Oom , its was not this bad at all , everything was fun to ride .

however there were some local and international riders who had thier eyes opened WIDE.

Sure I would have been wide-eyed too :eek: well done Iron :thumbup:

I like the attitude of the junior girls:

"I liked the course at is was," said junior women's winner Keller. "I could do all the A lines, but it was good like this because not every athlete is technically so good, and there can be accidents. It was good for the others."

Burney noted that he had initially closed all four of the A lines to the junior women. "I got a massive reaction from the junior women. They wanted those lines open. They'd come here to ride them this year after riding them other years. We left two open and closed two. The new generation of riders coming through are capable of riding very technical sections."

Man oh man I'm still on the fence with this issue.

The course certainly tested my technical skills and mental fortitude! I only felt confortable on the course after 4 days. At first I hated it but once I got "dialled in" it was superb. The adrenaline flow and anxiety/excitement to clear the next obstacle was fantastic :-)

That said I'm not sure XCO courses should be that technical. Well maybe that technical but not that dangerous. I still feel the consequence of a mistake in XCO should be lost time not crash out/injury/time off bike. Sure you can use the B/C line as the time/skill/risk argument but huge rock gardens on a hardtail/4" travel bike and no body armour slides the risk/reward scale too far to risk in my opinion. For the pro course - I think the masters course was within the risk/skill/time safety ratio...

Man oh man I'm still on the fence with this issue.

The course certainly tested my technical skills and mental fortitude! I only felt confortable on the course after 4 days. At first I hated it but once I got "dialled in" it was superb. The adrenaline flow and anxiety/excitement to clear the next obstacle was fantastic :-)

That said I'm not sure XCO courses should be that technical. Well maybe that technical but not that dangerous. I still feel the consequence of a mistake in XCO should be lost time not crash out/injury/time off bike. Sure you can use the B/C line as the time/skill/risk argument but huge rock gardens on a hardtail/4" travel bike and no body armour slides the risk/reward scale too far to risk in my opinion. For the pro course - I think the masters course was within the risk/skill/time safety ratio...

RUN FORREST RUN RUN FORREST RUN

RUN FORREST RUN RUN FORREST RUN

Pah. I'm happy for keyboard jockeys to tell me to HTFU.

I had some hero at elite worlds tell me he would easily outride the pro ladies on Tree Rock House. He hadn't actually ridden any course at pmb of course but he could if he wanted to ;-)

I had some hero at elite worlds tell me he would easily outride the pro ladies on Tree Rock House. He hadn't actually ridden any course at pmb of course but he could if he wanted to ;-)

Well done Eldron - don't think I would have been able to stay on the bike or even attempted some of the technical sections.

Hahahahaha, what did you tell him?