Got hit by taxi

P.A.K.

While practicing in the morning before work a taxi literally drove me off my bike.

He was driving at a moerse speed and wanted to turn left into the street I was riding in. He was too fast to make his turn so he hit my bike in the opposite lane. He came to a standstill after crashing into a wall.

It happened extremely fast and I have no idea how I managed to not get hit. I don't know how I got off my bike, but it was like I kept standing on the tar the whole time. One moment I saw the headlights, next I'm standing next to my bike and the taxi has passed me.

I thank God that I only have a bruised knee. I'm guessing my bikes top tube hit my inner leg, and the handlebars swung round to hit my outer leg.

If I think of what could've happened, I have actually gotten off very well. A 30cm difference could've meant severe injuries.

My bike will cost at least R5K and I simply don't have that cash right now. But not being able to ride is a small price to pay in comparison

post-26916-0-43214400-1379023443_thumb.jpg

post-26916-0-94144000-1379043507_thumb.jpg

Edited by P.A.K.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.......and all he said was most probably "eish I am soorriieee", "it was not miiiii" with pearly whites all over the show.

Hope you heal quickly and that your bike can be repaired.

Those yellow stripes are actually not for safety, they are racing stripes (or even cutting lines for the emergency services when taxi looks like a squashed bully beef can after an accident).

Now to get flamed:

Sugar and petrol mix well and works wonders on the performance of an engine.

Pool acid in a water pistol brings out the shine of the taxi's paintwork

(No immediate dammage, it takes time! You will be long gone when things start going wrong)

Edited by BarHugger

Second pic is quite dark. I don't see any lights on your bike...?

Second pic is actually the first. Sun rose quickly after that and then I snapped the one of the front of the taxi. Light was on helmet.

Second pic is actually the first. Sun rose quickly after that and then I snapped the one of the front of the taxi. Light was on helmet.

Yeah - figured that was the case. Rear light? Glad you're ok. Sorry about the bike. These okes just don't have 'bicycle' in their vocab! Edited by Ryanpmb