Northern Farm Race today? What were they thinking

Paul Ruinaard

So I dragged my fat and unfit body around N Farm today. I managed the 55 km route, but I get to a water table and all they have is sparkling flavored waters because Aquelle is a sponsor.

WTF?

I know it's not a serious event but all I wanted was a quick cup of water or an Energade.

Can someone please explain to these corporate sponsorship people that carbonated drinks actually can dehydrate you.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a great race for a good cause, really cool tattoo arm warmers in the race packs and a glass with an ice cold Zamalek at the finish instead of another medal :thumbup:

I rode at back end and all water tables had normal water in 25 L containers. Will always support CHOC races especially this one.

They had normal standard issue unflavored water, but I opted for the shooters instead.

Good event, see you next year. Nothing to moan about.

Aquelle are really good sponsors. I see them at just about all sporting events offering their products for free. I think they are setting a good example and support them as much as I can

So I dragged my fat and unfit body around N Farm today. I managed the 55 km route, but I get to a water table and all they have is sparkling flavored waters because Aquelle is a sponsor.

WTF?

I know it's not a serious event but all I wanted was a quick cup of water or an Energade.

Can someone please explain to these corporate sponsorship people that carbonated drinks actually can dehydrate you.

Sorry to say, but this is a bit of a BS rant IMHO. Alas you are entitled to your opinion though.

did the 25km (which was really 21.2km) - awesome event, fantastic turnout, and the glass at the finish was pretty cool instead of a medal. I agree, not sure what there is to Rant about, more like a Rave....

WTF?

Yes great event - sorry no issues with the event. Just a suggestion.... Should have made that more clear.

Aquelle does not sit well. As I said - fat and unfit so needed a water table stop at the end....

WTF?

No they dont. They can hydrate you just as well as other drinks.

I was offered a choice of still unflavoured water, sparkling flavoured water or a shooter, there were also free samples of the new Choc energy bars.

No problems at all, great race and vibe.