2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Sad to have contenders pull out. But I think the days of having a single rider/team dominating for years in succession are over. Tour getting harder, riders more competitive. We all like to have our tour favorites and heroes, but for now I'm enjoying the idea of just seeing it all unfold. This is going to the best tour in a long time. I'm loving it!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you mean Tinkoff-Saxo?

Nibali rides for Astana

Sorry yes. I was typing about the C du D but thinking about when Armstrong and Bertie were both on Astana and both "leaders"

I watched the stage again.. (had to record for hubby)

Anyone else notice the little smile cancellara gave just before the sprint to the line he he he still so powerful, Sagan had to work for that 4th place.

Edited by Gen

Check Nibs's front wheel!

Low on the bike in the drops for best stability.

post-12015-0-77053300-1404934951_thumb.jpg

“It was exciting wasn’t it?...When you see what Nibali did, if you are a bike fan, then you’d have to say that was impressive. That was just unbelievable to see him ride away from Cancellara and Sagan on the cobbles. That was exciting, and we’ll remember that for a long time.”

Brailsford

I watched the stage again.. (had to record for hubby)

Anyone else notice the little smile cancellara gave just before the sprint to the line he he he still so powerful, Sagan had to work for that 4th place.

I did! I don't miss anything Spartacus does if I can help it ;-)

I did! I don't miss anything Spartacus does if I can help it ;-)

I missed it the first time round.. glad I watched it again..

Btw the stage was just as good the second time round.

Nibali rode like a champion, never thought he'd be wearing yellow at this stage of the tour. Very impressed.

I have to admit, It will take a miracle if Contador will wear yellow in Paris. Just way too much to ask for. With the advantage that Nibali has, it seems impossible for any of the GC Riders to close the gap on him...

Just my 2cents.

Nibali rode like a man convinced he could win, after the first cobbles he saw he had a gap on 'Berto he started pushing hard and he never stopped.

Astana look like a really well oiled team, not scared to hit the front running and stay there, well deserved place by Nibali.

'Berto struggled today, not sure why, maybe it was just a bad day, but I wont count him out yet, if anyone in the peleton can make up 2 minutes its him, and he wont be going to the start line thinking he will just ride for second.

"Because of the mud I didn’t drop into the small sprockets and I couldn’t keep up with the front,"

Contador

Is that "I didn't" or I couldn't" ......not sure I understand the context of "I didn't".....the question surely is, why not drop down?

Normally I'd say don't count Contador out yet (he can take chunks of time out of any of these riders on a big mountain when he's 100%).

But a tour winner comes with a strong team and it seems to me that Contador still can't count on support when it's really needed. He’s easily isolated. But Astana rode like champs today.

Let's see if OPQ can give Kwiatkowski the same support in the mountains as they did today. He should be thinking about a possible podium in Paris after today.