2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Geraint Thomas, says crashing is normal and nothing special (well I understand that Mr. Crash Test Dummy would say that :)).

“Every year we’re like: ‘God, there’s been so many crashes’, but it’s the same every year,” the multiple Olympic gold medallist said on the Tour’s rest day. “I’m sure if we went back and had a look last year we’d see it was the same. The difference is that they’ve been more high-profile.”

post-22004-0-83922100-1405582222_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geraint Thomas, says crashing is normal and nothing special (well I understand that Mr. Crash Test Dummy would say that :)).

“Every year we’re like: ‘God, there’s been so many crashes’, but it’s the same every year,” the multiple Olympic gold medallist said on the Tour’s rest day. “I’m sure if we went back and had a look last year we’d see it was the same. The difference is that they’ve been more high-profile.”

He is right though.

As a friend of mine said Talansky rode 180km in 5hrs mostly on his own, try that on your next ride and you not injured.

Huge respect.

I ride 20 km alone every practice ride when the group drops me after 100m. Luckily we don't do these type on distances too often. 19.9 km alone against the elements. Big Respect to ME!

Cycling Direct@CyclingDirectSA1 min

#tdf Andrew Talansky out, going home to get his injuries fixed. Still hats off for such a brave ride yesterday

I ride 20 km alone every practice ride when the group drops me after 100m. Luckily we don't do these type on distances too often. 19.9 km alone against the elements. Big Respect to ME!

Hahaha, and you live in the flat lands. :whistling: Come down to my part of the world and we can go for a ride. :ph34r:

post-40232-1405581897,6645.jpg

the emotions of all that support so late into the ride, must have been hugely motivating.

as the commentators have said - combative award should go to him.

Just read his nick name is Pit Bull.

What a great name.

#tdf Andrew Talansky out, going home to get his injuries fixed. Still hats off for such a brave ride yesterday

Saw he had a little cry next to the road yesterday...robbie no doubt gave him an obama speech.

the emotions of all that support so late into the ride, must have been hugely motivating.

as the commentators have said - combative award should go to him.

What he did yesterday did more for the sport and what this sport does to show the human spirit than the yellow jersey in Paris.

Think of Jonny Hoogerland a few years back.

Abandoned after 11 stages

2014: 20

2013: 16

2012: 32

2011: 24

2010: 20

2009: 16

2008: 22

2007: 21

2006: 14

2005: 27

Saw he had a little cry next to the road yesterday...robbie no doubt gave him an obama speech.

In Robbie's interview he said that he was the one saying Talansky should pull the plug, but Talansky wanted to carry on and finish so Robbie said it's your decision.

What he did yesterday did more for the sport and what this sport does to show the human spirit than the yellow jersey in Paris.

Think of Jonny Hoogerland a few years back.

Have to agree. All the interwebs sites I had a look say that yesterdays stage will be remembered for what Talansky did and no one else.

A side topic who was that bloke in the olympic marathon that fell and finished at night ? Or was that a movie?

Oh yes, another side side topic, nice thread that about life changing moments.

Abandoned after 11 stages

2014: 20

2013: 16

2012: 32

2011: 24

2010: 20

2009: 16

2008: 22

2007: 21

2006: 14

2005: 27

Be interesting to see if the weather plays a part, I.E. do the higher numbers occur during wet years? Can't remember which of these years were wet

Too bad, they built a team around him. Mind you, so did Sky and Tink-off.

Archived