Where is the biggest, meanest, longest and steepest hill in Jo'berg?

GhostSixFour

This is actually a pretty cool idea, would be awesome if we could put a hub hillclimb challenge together.

My vote would be for cobbles in Linksfield, nice and steep in parts with some technical parts, you'd need to get buy in from the residents though.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants to volunteer to help out with organizing this, please feel free to send me a PM - or do your own and tell us here about it. :)

Its not the longest but will certainly be the steepest

Ask the Westclff Hotel for permission to start at their bottom gate, ride up through the grounds and out the gate at the top.Its a nice surface as well and more than wide enough

I can assure you,you will die

Its not the longest but will certainly be the steepest

Ask the Westclff Hotel for permission to start at their bottom gate, ride up through the grounds and out the gate at the top.Its a nice surface as well and more than wide enough

I can assure you,you will die

That could work out nicely.

That could work out nicely.

I would go for it.

Make it an annual or biannual event.Call it the Westclff Hotel Wall of Death and get their sponsorship and buy in.

It is empty now as its being renovated up until March 2014

Bobs your uncle

TT's a piece of cake to organise and cost nothing to put on

You biggest expense is the medical standby

I would go for it.

Make it an annual or biannual event.Call it the Westclff Hotel Wall of Death and get their sponsorship and buy in.

It is empty now as its being renovated up until March 2014

Bobs your uncle

TT's a piece of cake to organise and cost nothing to put on

You biggest expense is the medical standby

Sounds like a plan. Do you have any contact details there? Website seems to be down - or just company network giving grief.

Sounds like a plan. Do you have any contact details there? Website seems to be down - or just company network giving grief.

I'll see what I can do

I agree, Westcliff would be a good 1,

Steep, short and with a few corners. also no road closure issues.

If they don't go for it we could try the school just above them.

They have a fairly long steep'ish road/driveway.

3rd option I would say Munro Dr

start just after the last house driveway and end at the top, that way we not blocking anyone and we would just need some security/ medics.

post-4310-0-91590000-1383862302_thumb.jpg

Cobbles would be cool but the road is very narrow and residents will probably complain.

Edited by Peach.

Our club used to have a annual challenge in Suikerbosrand for the fastest time riding the 1st climb, never placed anywhere. If it was reverse it would be a different story as my body is ideally suited to descend better than ascend

An excellent climb route at SBR would be starting from the South gate around on the North Western route, up and down the undulations (more up than down), then the big climb to the top where the loop peels off. About 10 k's at least with a serias kick at the end, and a stunning route up that valley.

Edited by kosmonooit

Something wrong with that chart... Alp de Heuz is not 152km of riding... not even close...

When I did it, it felt like 152km!

I'd take part on a Friday eve if it was near enough. No danger of me getting the jersey unless no-one else turns up though.

:-)

Oh and I want there to be a Vet category!

Edited by Bonus

I'd take part on a Friday eve if it was near enough. No danger of me getting the jersey unless no-one else turns up though.

:-)

Oh and I want there to be a Vet category!

I'd prefer a weight category.