94.7 MTB Race bottle necks

Spinsei

Maybe some of these bottleneck sheep will consider entering Enduros?

At this stage Enduro has 50 to 100 entrants. Such a brilliant format: you give the guy ahead of you a minute or two, start the clock and then bomb down the single track after him. You usually don't even see any other riders on your runs.

shhh!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back ten years . . . . bottlenecks going into singletrack were a common problem in the UK too (and still are).

The more devious of the front riders use this to their advantage - sprint to the singletrack - no matter what it costs you - and then if you go into single track and there's immediatly a short sharp climb they "stall" at the top so everone behind them has to get off and push . . .

So smaller groups and 15 min gaps? Then the 30 k rider will only start after 10... Wont work.

So smaller groups and 15 min gaps? Then the 30 k rider will only start after 10... Wont work.

The devils in the detail, I did mention an earlier start, also there aren't thirty thousand riders in this event not even five thousand (though this is still a lot of competitors).

yea the bottle neck was bad hey but with the Mexican wave you could haven't gone wrong. apart from that the race was fun and I loved it.

Anyone no where to get the picture's from? the actionphoto website says the domain doesn't exist anymore

Some okes crossed the river from the bottleneck and probably cut out 30 mins or more if riding

Eish, not nice. (The bottle neck, not your comment)

Maybe some of these bottleneck sheep will consider entering Enduros?

At this stage Enduro has 50 to 100 entrants. Such a brilliant format: you give the guy ahead of you a minute or two, start the clock and then bomb down the single track after him. You usually don't even see any other riders on your runs.

I think I am going to give it a bash.

The Advendurance races have got this right so why can't they?

Why dont they just take out the single track?

These mtb races for the masses are on open farm gravel roads these days anyways.

Edited by Tankman

Did 55km for the last time last year because of all this crap. Rode the 16km with my daughters which also had its own challenges. Rode at their pace so wasn't too stressed.

Edited by Pusher