best lube for road bike

meparak

Hi

I am SURE that someone might have asked this question but i cant seem to find it anyway, which is the best lube for a road bike? and should it be a dry or wet lube?

thanks

Hi

I am SURE that someone might have asked this question but i cant seem to find it anyway, which is the best lube for a road bike? and should it be a dry or wet lube?

thanks

ROHLOFF

In before the lock

PS: What is dry lube?

Dry lube is generally for dry conditions. It's often thinner or leaves a waxy deposit. This has a dry feel to it when on the chain and it doesn't attract dirt as much as wet lube.

Wet lube is generally used for wet conditions. It is often thicker and stickier, clinging to the chain more and not getting washed off in wet weather. If incorrectly applied, it can attract lots of dirt.

I could be talking crap of course .... it has happened before .....

Edited by NotSoBigBen

Dry lube is generally for dry conditions. It's often thinner or leaves a waxy deposit. This has a dry feel to it when on the chain and it doesn't attract dirt as much as wet lube.

Wet lube is generally used for wet conditions. It is often thicker and stickier, clinging to the chain more and not getting washed off in wet weather. If incorrectly applied, it can attract lots of dirt.

Thx nsBB I'm gonna stick with oil. Had that waxy stuff on my chain & cassette but it takes a while to scrape it off.

Here we go...

Thx nsBB I'm gonna stick with oil. Had that waxy stuff on my chain & cassette but it takes a while to scrape it off.

Squirt hey?

R&R is the R&R of lubes....end van prent.....suspend my maar

Squirt............I've tried many brands and nothing comes close to it.

I'm perfectly happy with SQUIRT on my road bike in Gauteng, where it doesn't rain much. I clean the chain with one of those chain cleaning contraptions, and apply it once a week. All my chains (Campag 10 spd) have lasted > 10,000km's on average.