Vegetable gardens at home.

Mojoman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a small vegetable patch and happily discovered that a few butternut plants have taken root - a gift from the compost I suppose.

But there is a problem.

Once the flower dies off and the small vegetable appears  it seems that the baby butternut is infected where the flower dropped, they just turn brown and die.

Any idea what causes this, and how could we remedy?

We have a small vegetable patch and happily discovered that a few butternut plants have taken root - a gift from the compost I suppose.

But there is a problem.

Once the flower dies off and the small vegetable appears  it seems that the baby butternut is infected where the flower dropped, they just turn brown and die.

Same problem here.

Vandag se komkommers

Watter soort komkommers is dit? And planted from seeds or seedlings?

But there is a problem.

They have been stung by a bug

But there is a problem.

I used to grow marrows, and similar problem. You can spray them with pesticide on the flower and that should last a long while without killing you. I used garden ripcord.

Some of my "baby" marrows weighted 4,5 kg

I really don't have space for a veggie garden, but I have a window sill or two that gets enough sun this time of year. So, I decided to plant something that will have the biggest impact possible. Chillies! Pretty as well as useful.

You should add a peppadew to the mix

Guest notmyname

You should add a peppadew to the mix

Sweet bell peppers. Peppadew is a registered trademark. You will get sued much like a certain spazoid bike company would do.

Edited by neilneilneilneilneil○

Sweet bell peppers. Peppadew is a registered trademark. You will get sued much like a certain spazoid bike company would do.

So, do I ask for sweet bell peppers at the nursery?

Guest notmyname

I'm not sure how many retail nurseries have them avaliable. I'd play the safe game and buy online as per Fan' link. They are reputable seed pedlar's.

Guest notmyname

Jeeeesh. This question has me perplexed. I've looked at all the seed lists I have from our main commercial providers in SA. None have this kind of sweet Pepper. Seems living seed is the only option.