[Event] Medallion Tour De Stellenbosch

DMC007

Thanks man.

Well at least the good news is that if we have got sick now it is very unlikely that we will get sick again before the argus.

If I had this the week before then I wouldnt be happy at all.

Just make sure you getting enough rest. It is the only thing that helps.

I guess its better to be sick now then in two weeks time. Now just to stay healthy and get some decent training in.

I am trying to get as much rest as possible. Have two weeks to get some decent training in.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for Vit B12 Complex injections to boost your immune system.

The word injection boost my immune system rapidly :whistling: Maybe not a bad idea.

I got a few injections this season already for keeping hayfever under control.

Vit B injection is illegal 10 days before competition. Got to play by the rules whether your a pro or a weekend warrior.

Vit B injection is illegal 10 days before competition. Got to play by the rules whether your a pro or a weekend warrior.

Interesting, please tell more? References would be appreciated.

Edited by Cippo

I'd like to know more as well.

Today was the first time in a long time I have really hurt on the bike. Went with the A bunch break and was feeling good until ran out of water in the heat at 90km. Then proceeded to bonk/hit the wall/ see stars and chunder. Once I had stopped at the remaining water stops I cruised to the end slip streaming any passing mtb from the short route.

Thanks to all that asked if I was ok. I lied and said I was :P But unless you were going to pull me to the end there was nothing to be done.

I'd like to know more as well.

Vitamin B Complex is a combo of 12 B Vitamins. I checked each individually and none came up as prohibited on WADA or SA Drug Free Sport.

Race was stopped when temperature went over 40....I did the short route with the the wife on the tandem and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can imagine the long route must have been tough today.

Saw some people looking insanely bleak coming in.

Edited by FanieFiets

Today was the first time in a long time I have really hurt on the bike. Went with the A bunch break and was feeling good until ran out of water in the heat at 90km. Then proceeded to bonk/hit the wall/ see stars and chunder. Once I had stopped at the remaining water stops I cruised to the end slip streaming any passing mtb from the short route.

Thanks to all that asked if I was ok. I lied and said I was :P But unless you were going to pull me to the end there was nothing to be done.

At least you can still see humour it the situation. :) Which is a good thing.

Well done! hope next time goes better.....much much better.:)

Had a nice giggle on your story.

Then proceeded to bonk/hit the wall/ see stars and chunder.

Pros reckon your best performances come after a serious bonk so you'll be in good shape for the world champs in 3 weeks.

Pros reckon your best performances come after a serious bonk so you'll be in good shape for the world champs in 3 weeks.

I bonked so hard I may win the funride world champs :P

*Grammar*

Edited by skistar15

I also were bonking the last 30 minutes it was such an effort to stay behind another guys slip stream going at 20km/h I guess.

Vitamin B Complex is a combo of 12 B Vitamins. I checked each individually and none came up as prohibited on WADA or SA Drug Free Sport.

i checked as well, have the SAIDS app/link on my iPhone & nothing showed up, unless it's under some other pharmaceutical name.

A 'perfect storm' today, to use the phrase - extreme heat, wind and a demanding course.

Made it in the first selection over Helz in the A-C bunch.

Then the rouleurs started guttering and I was off the pace after fighting to stay on for what felt like forever.

Was isolated on the Voorpaardeberg section and found company in a chasing bunch.

Hope everyone made it home safely, especially the cyclists that dusted their bikes off recently to prepare in this race for the Argus.

Was it just me or was this race much tougher than I anticipated?

Well me and the misseus did our first tandem race and for the first 40km (which we did in 1hr) we stayed with the A bunch and really had a good time! There after it all went pear shaped! As was expected, with the amount of training we did, we always would have struggled towards the end, but man, was this a test of character! I new we started off way to fast, but when a tandem got momentem its hard to stop!

That bike is so hard on your ass, I'll be happy if I can use my backside before the Argus!

Not feeling to positive about my cycling career at the moment!

An extra waterpoint with some coke would have helped!