My 26er is back..

Azza

Next we will have posts about 26er rigid single speed climbing like a mountain goat.

man these drugs work well............

ps a 29er is still not a real mountain bike, and real mountainbikers should have sufficient skill not to have to compromise for anything other than a 26er. After all there was a druggy who liked yellow who wrote a book about it, he titled it "its not about the bike"....

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next we will have posts about 26er rigid single speed climbing like a mountain goat.

man these drugs work well............

ps a 29er is still not a real mountain bike, and real mountainbikers should have sufficient skill not to have to compromise for anything other than a 26er. After all there was a druggy who liked yellow who wrote a book about it, he titled it "its not about the bike"....

Do the UCI know about this, seems they have a lot of explaining to do.

Took my 26er out on trails today and could not believe how well it handled, being so used to my 29er. I had so much more confidence on my 26er on the single track. The handling is superior !! And i found the ride so much more fun.

I dont think im going back on my 29er...

Apparently a bike company who said they would never build 650b is going that way big time in 2015....

Took my 26er out on trails today and could not believe how well it handled, being so used to my 29er. I had so much more confidence on my 26er on the single track. The handling is superior !! And i found the ride so much more fun.

Careful son, you'll soon be riding at the back of the bunch..

Careful son, you'll soon be riding at the back of the bunch..

mountain bikers don't ride in bunches....More single file down the single track and wait for all riders to catch up at the end of the single track run.

Back of the bunch terminology is accurate for gravel Road and road cycling yes where if a riders falls out of the bunch they are on their own and have to fend for themselves ;)

Wait. How tall are you?

Apparently a bike company who said they would never build 650b is going that way big time in 2015....

Spaz?

They have brought out 4 new 650b tyres, so looks like something is in the pipeline :huh:

I'm gonna ride my Kona Hahana today. Rigid fork and v brakes. Love it so much it's still in my garage after 15 years. Glad I've never sold it

Great. I suppose that is why the top riders at the Epic will all be on 26" bikes.

The Epic is not the come all and go all of what encompasses Mountain Biking.

It is a true legend for the "type" of rider and segment of the sport of MTB, but it is just a part of the sport, so quoting the snide comment about seeing if the top riders are on 26'ers is really just a little narrow viewed.

Mountain biking used to be very much a sport of adventure and discovery, the last few years though it seems the general population are treating it more and more as a dirt road race .......

But I digress.

26'ers Aint Dead.

Back to basics ... you get great 26'ers, great 29'er and from the sounds of things, great 27.5's, but in the same breath you also can get really K@K bikes in either of the above formats.