Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So.....

I was about to post if anyone know what happened.

Here's our experience.

We rode yesterday, we being our informal team of about 10 cyclists. As many would expect the roads were packed with cyclists. As we arrived in camps bay many of the faster of us riders rode off , thinking we racing the arghurst, obviously obeying the rules and laws of the road. As we knew yesterday there was a big walk that took place and that there were many volunteers on the road.

To correct you, it was a taxi. Rather a sponsored brand new van supplied/dedicated to the big walk. The guys you saw taking a beating we "youngish boys" must of been early 20's.

Anyway what had happened as you say and show in the vid, we were not aware. But as we stopped to regroup on the corner of sea point close to the lighthouse, we had a "taxi"(quantam van in question) pull up in front of us, and a bus vito van behind us, of about 15-20 guys got out. Ready to take revenge on us. Because of the "pepper spray" one of the 2 that was attacked was convinced it was "us", our colours are green black and white.

Eventually of about 15mins of argueuing with these guys they then realized it wasn't us. What they said was that one of the volunteers apparently "squirted" water on the cyclists and ended up as you said.

Not a nice experience, the team above is known to us, and their are members this forum part of that team. Disgusting if you ask me....

Do the right thing and provide the police with information...let them take the matter further...

That's what happens when you (the idjit cyclists in this case) have safety in numbers, braver than us keyboard warriors.

Check that cyclist in the blue shirt who first tried to use his bicycle (rocket scientist of note) to hit the driver thru the window... and then returned soon afterwards throwing a punch and nearly falling on his arse.

NOTE: Second rule of fighting while out cycling: If you get off your bike and are wearing cleated road shoes, take them off.

People, this is a damn sad day :thumbdown: , typical of a young bunch of "were da manna", and of course every young tot had to add his violent flair, it sickens me to watch this, irrespective if the driver did or dint do something, to have 6 or 7 guys act like this is so totally uncool. We the few decent cyclists will have to watch our backs even more so now cause of a bunch of young "Arnold Snot sugiers" with a moerse chip on their shoulders.

Name shame and banning from the sport wont wok people they will blame the proposed "Fool" in the van and go make more K@K for us the decent few, no its assault its assault with a deadly weapon (bike shops look out for the tool with a damaged front wheel wanting it straintend, its assault with intent to do bodily harm, find them and send the swines to jail, and let "Bubba" teach them about respect at night. Can anyone say Vaseline. :cursing:

Pretty much the crux of it all :thumbup:

Yesterday as I was cycling the R55 towards Woodmead I saw the club MTN 100 vehicle overtaking on a solid white line, my first thought "you represent the cycling community"

Unfortunately these fools in this video also represent us.

So.....

I was about to post if anyone know what happened.

Here's our experience.

We rode yesterday, we being our informal team of about 10 cyclists. As many would expect the roads were packed with cyclists. As we arrived in camps bay many of the faster of us riders rode off , thinking we racing the arghurst, obviously obeying the rules and laws of the road. As we knew yesterday there was a big walk that took place and that there were many volunteers on the road.

To correct you, it was a taxi. Rather a sponsored brand new van supplied/dedicated to the big walk. The guys you saw taking a beating we "youngish boys" must of been early 20's.

Anyway what had happened as you say and show in the vid, we were not aware. But as we stopped to regroup on the corner of sea point close to the lighthouse, we had a "taxi"(quantam van in question) pull up in front of us, and a bus vito van behind us, of about 15-20 guys got out. Ready to take revenge on us. Because of the "pepper spray" one of the 2 that was attacked was convinced it was "us", our colours are green black and white.

Eventually of about 15mins of argueuing with these guys they then realized it wasn't us. What they said was that one of the volunteers apparently "squirted" water on the cyclists and ended up as you said.

Not a nice experience, the team above is known to us, and their are members this forum part of that team. Disgusting if you ask me....

may i suggest you report them and have this resolved you and your friends could have suffered the mother of all beatings yesterday and possibly died, as these guys were major enraged, and you and friends could have missed the Aurgus cause of a bunch on nancy boys, bet you take the group away and make it one on one, and the cyclist would run the hell away,

Pretty much the crux of it all :thumbup:

Yesterday as I was cycling the R55 towards Woodmead I saw the club MTN 100 vehicle overtaking on a solid white line, my first thought "you represent the cycling community"

Unfortunately these fools in this video also represent us.

I have no words for this we are all human and yes at times we lose the plot we get enraged and make stupid decisions, but thats when its time to act ones age and no shoe size, be the better person and rather leave it or apologies, seriously, whats stronger you and your bike or the guy in his car or truck, kinda like farting against thunder here.

Unfortunately they won't. Those small guys suffering from small man syndrome are only brave fighting in packs and would be to coward to face the music here

Hope that Belville Cycling club takes some action against it's members

disgusting, Barbaric behavior! hope that chop bent his rims while using them as a weapon!

Oe's taking liberty shots there, especially the pepper spray guy. WTF

Hope they face the music, people that engage in this behaviour never think about the consequences of their actions taken in full public view. Very hard to argue against video footage.

Just imagaine the behaviour of this group when they are actualy out on racing day???

Swear at everyone who is in their way / does not cover to side fast enough...

probably ride 4+ breast...

the list can go on...

Maybe it's time an example is set...c'mon Argus organisers...ban them from the race and make a media splash!!

That will redeem some lost goodwill between cyclist and other road users!

I am looking forward to hearing the full story.

As always the Hub is going all out without hearing the story from both sides

He's Wheelding a lethal weapon :blink: Testo must be kicking in, there little peckers are in overdrive making them to lash out like this, shameful.