Shocking incident between van driver and cyclists in Camps Bay

Surv0MTB

Ai !! ...its on Facebook already.

well then its safe to say cyclists are even more f#$%ed than before.....wonderful thanks you bunch of snot nose wankers.Maybe us hubbers should all get together and get them and we hand out mob justice on FB to save what good cyclists try and do daily, we will be the "Parents" teaching the little children right from wrong, Wait you cant even smack your child anymore as its assault, okay no more play-station and XBOX till you have manners :whistling:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to hearing the full story.

As always the Hub is going all out without hearing the story from both sides

Video evidence is hard to dispute.

The "full story" may be interesting but irrelevant.

I agree. Shame. They drag the name of the "Good" Cyclist throught the mud. Name Them, Shame Them. Ban them from Argus, and ban them from all events for a year. At Least.

Arrest, charge and prosecute them.

Video evidence is hard to dispute.

The "full story" may be interesting but irrelevant.

I am not saying what they did was right, but I cant believe that this would be the result of them being squirted with water

Arrest, charge and prosecute them.

haha, thought came to mind now, Big Bubba in the prison can ride him like a bicycle all night long, " elke keer wat ek jou gat sien wil ek hom trap soos a Bicycle" lol, no seriously I have to agree arrest and action,

pity the audio is so bad. I would have loved to have counted how many times JMSP was flung about.

Whats really sad is that the 1.5m rule seems to really be making most drivers i encounter more vigilent. There are still many with a FY attitude and this incident going viral will only reinforce that attitude.

I suspect a lot of poor drivers will be intimidating more cyclists

Edited by GoLefty!!

I am looking forward to hearing the full story.

As always the Hub is going all out without hearing the story from both sides

Escapee, im sure the story has 2 sides, however there is a law thats says your reaction cannot out way the situation that started the action, so in basic terms , if the driver indeed cut them off, they still had no right to pepper spray the bloke punch them and try steel his keys, and the bigger issue is the fight is on tape, not what happened in the first degree, so there word against the drivers and the evidence of the tape, I think the cyclists are at fault here and are in serious trouble. Im not attacking you but this is a serious issue.

Mense dit is rof..

This is certainly not helping us change mororists behaviour and opinion about us. This is bad news for all of us. These people need to be charged and the law must take its course.

Bad day for cycling.

I live in Sea Point and this incident doesn't suprise me in the least. For some reason cyclists believe that they own the left hand lane along Sea Point Beach Road, and always ride at least 2 abreast. Every car has to move over to the right hand lane to pass them. Heaven forbid that you give a light hoot to request them not to ride 2 abreast ... you will get all kinds of abuse and hand gestures. The general behaviour is shocking. There are further numerous traffic lights along that section of road and in 10 years on living in Sea Point have only ever seen 1 group of cyclists obey them. Was actually going to write a post on that about 3 weeks ago congratulating that group, but never got round to doing it.

Just as we as a cycling community in Cape Town need to rally for support to help against the muggings on our routes, these idiots come and give us a bad reputation! With some CSI image enhancement tech one would be able to identify them by the league numbers on their seatposts...

agreed there is no place for bicycle gangsterism in Cape Town. We have enough of the usual type.

Edited by GoLefty!!