Top cyclists knocked down by vehicle

janslabbert

Difference between this and the "cowboy" incident is the video evidence and how that went viral so quickly.

Hope this oke, whoever he is, hands himself in and faves the full brunt of the law.

Holding thumbs for Jevandre!

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the guys recover quickly.

This morning I had a close shave on Bottelary Road, I had a puncture and standing in the grass while changing my tube(Bike half on the road and half on the grass), a motorist came flying past, in the yellow lane with no need to do so as there were no cars behind and no oncoming cars overtaking. The car was moving so fast it pushed my bike towards myself.

the lack of consideration to by some road users in this province and probably the entire country is scary.

Im almost 100% sure that in Italy and France ,Germany ,if you hit a pedestrian "walker" you get jail time or a fine , way cant we get this right for cyclist?

im so sick and tried of of our top athletes getting knocked and killed on bikes , nothing gets done , nothing on the news 'SABC" etc

Just NO attention for Cycling....Let the world see what's happening ...Not just on SuperCycling ...Lets Make HEADLINES.

So many politician ride bikes, there has to be away.

I think its time to protest as cyclist , at the end of the day all cyclist own cars and all pay taxes.

People protect about money ,house etc...I really feel it time for Cycling.

Pedal Power doing a great JOB with 1.5m , TIME for the NEXT level.

cant blame cyclist any more for reacting to cars.

This is truly terrible news.

There just seems to be a general lawlessness on the roads. And when cyclists get behind the wheel of a car they also turn into motorists.

This week the Re:CM Uti van came blasting past me near Stellenbosch, lady driver with cellphone firmly on the ear.

Nobody really cares unfortunately because we all seem to think things happen to other people.

I was @ Craig's place earlier today, his recovering well, his dad had just come from visiting Jevandre, the swelling in his face is coming down which is a very good thing.

Craig showed me his Garmin info: SHOCKING!!!

Just before impact, they where going at about 14km/hr....just after impact his Garmin clocked 70km/hr!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig got flung over the car and into the sloot on the side of the road, while Jevandre was laying in the yellow lane.

Craig says the driver did not even attempt an emergency braking, it was just BANG!!!! into them

They've got the construction workers and the supervisor as witnesses, so lets hope justice prevails

I thank the Lord that they're both still alive!

Lets keep the both of them in our prayers guys!

.......................Craig says the driver did not even attempt an emergency braking, it was just BANG!!!! into them.......................

Thanks for the update

I just dug out my bright flashing front and rear lights and I'm putting them on the road-bike for tomorrow mornings ride - nobody is going to say in court that he didn't see me! :cursing:

Im almost 100% sure that in Italy and France ,Germany ,if you hit a pedestrian "walker" you get jail time or a fine , way cant we get this right for cyclist?

im so sick and tried of of our top athletes getting knocked and killed on bikes , nothing gets done , nothing on the news 'SABC" etc

Just NO attention for Cycling....Let the world see what's happening ...Not just on SuperCycling ...Lets Make HEADLINES.

I think its time to protest as cyclist , at the end of the day all cyclist own cars and all pay taxes.

fully agree Juan the culprits need to pay for their road behaviour how many innocent cyclists need to die or simply just get hit by motorist. And yet we as cyclists need to abide by the same road rules as motorists but they the motorists dont give a damn

That's really shocking. Couldn't agree more on use of cellphones in cars.

Prayers ith Jevandre. Hope they both recover fully.

The past couple of months there have been signs on polkadraai road indicating that no cycling is allowed due to the road works and I'm not sure if this is still the case.

I'm in no way taking the side of the motorist who should have stayed behind the cyclist if not safe to pass, but the last time I went on the road, it wasn't cycling safe for cycling unless riding on the roadworks side of the cones.

Craig and Jevandre, have a speedy recovery and hope to see you on your bikes again soon.

Nothing gets done because SA is a savage state. Human life is measured in GDP and contributes elpresidente's job creation figures. The more people die the more jobs are available

The past couple of months there have been signs on polkadraai road indicating that no cycling is allowed due to the road works and I'm not sure if this is still the case.

I'm in no way taking the side of the motorist who should have stayed behind the cyclist if not safe to pass, but the last time I went on the road, it wasn't cycling safe for cycling unless riding on the roadworks side of the cones.

Craig and Jevandre, have a speedy recovery and hope to see you on your bikes again soon.

Are you for real? Two cyclists get mown down in the yellow lane and you try to justify it with an oblique rule... Honestly no words can express what I think you are...

Ok ..so we have this 1 meter the motorist have to keep between him and the cyclist ....by knocking the cyclist he broke the law .....now what will the consequences be of this ...?

Thanks for the update

I just dug out my bright flashing front and rear lights and I'm putting them on the road-bike for tomorrow mornings ride - nobody is going to say in court that he didn't see me! :cursing:

+1. Just done the exact same thing.

Was this a hit and run?