Cycle Science in Broadacres Sells Fake Pinarello

We are far too pussy whipped to let them near here.

Speak for yourself, I'm ambidextrous :whistling:

Edited by Brogue

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was the bike shop owner...by now I would have banging on a door to give him a new bike take my fake back and then sort the shiet out, instead of this getting too public. Makes for better marketing than what's happening now.

Some are more fortunate than others, that doesn't mean Cycle Scientology (sic) is entitled to sell crap or rip people off, or even that the OP (or anyone for that matter) deserves a wallet-bashing. Perhaps his intention was to warn a concentrated community of cyclists not to make the same mistake at the same store as soon as possible, rather than go into minute detail about what he has done to recover his initial outlay or intends to do to seek compensation and justice.

P.S: ASG have confirmed the frame is genuine chinarello, not merely a grey or parallel import.

Ja, jislaaikit.

Even the wheels and everything was fake... The seat post, the handlebar tape was not even made from real cork , we suspect it wasn't even a real handlebar.

The only thing that was legit was the Shimanie Dhjura Eish group set.

PS> just by the way, if you buy a Dogma without ever having visited their official website which actually warns you about fake frames, then what?

http://www.pinarello.com/en/bike2014/road/dogma-65-1-world-champion

Who knew guys could talk so much *** and be so bitchy! Loving this. Cant remember what I did for entertainment before finding the hub. Do your wives read this?

My wives can't read and sleep in the garage. Shiit that reminds me, the ones wheel needs truing.

Ja, jislaaikit.

The only thing that was legit was the Shimanie Dhjura Eish group set.

I bet you this oke was riding Campy Super Record. I put it to you that you are a conjecturist after all.

The big question is where did the shop het the fake. Ordered it from china and built it up themselves.

PS> just by the way, if you buy a Dogma without ever having visited their official website which actually warns you about fake frames, then what?

http://www.pinarello...-world-champion

Then you're unlucky to have walked into the one shop that saw you coming. Not everybody researches everything they buy to death before making a purchase. The store down the road would've sold the OP the genuine article and he would have blissfully happy despite never having visited Pina's website. This type of unsavory incident and business practise affects us all. He's obviously learned an expensive lesson, and doesn't want anyone else to make the same mistake.

And, unlike the guy at the robot selling some fake movies to support his family living in a shack, these guys probably made tens of thousands of rands on this one frame.

I once bought a set of cleats at this store (it was convenient) I want to go and insert those cleats if I could find them in someone's sphincter.

I wouldn't know a Pinarello from a Chinarello from a Gonococcal infection, but I do think you should consider re-doing the punctuation in that post before people start getting ideas about your searching habits....;)

I wouldn't know a Pinarello from a Chinarello from a Gonococcal infection, but I do think you should consider re-doing the punctuation in that post before people start getting ideas about your searching habits.... ;)

The gonners smells. Don't ask....

Everyone please calm the ****down. The bike in question is not a grey import, it is not even a 'fake' grey import, as, on closer inspection of the picture of the said bicycle, it is more a dark charcoal leaning towards a black sort of colour. Nonetheless, as is the case with a bottle blond, it is still very attractive until fully exposed.

I remember when I was a laaitjie - we ate chomps - kit kats were too expensive.

Today I spend thousands on the next bright shiny thing that catches my attention with little or no consideration. Why because quite frankly I can.

Cost is relative.

Your R1000 is my R100 is a less fortunate persons R10.

The fact that the bike is R91k is entirely relative not to your reality but to Andrews. If that is how he spends his money so freaking what, its his cash and sadly only for you it may be far less of a consideration than you buying a set of new brakes. Don't knock just because you can't do it.

The fact that he is pissed is understandable and fully justified and the fact that he warns guys like me that in good faith and recently new to the game who would trust a shiny fronted shop is commendable.

What I find ironic is that people passing comment and judging are the same guys that will come on here with their other 100000 post mates and bitch about the most arbitrary supposed slights they suffer and receive any number of shoulders to cry on.

Andrew - unlike so many deeply gifted individuals who supposedly can sum up the entire circumstance of a situation based on two sentences - I accept at face value your warning.

Thanks for letting us know and good luck from one of the dead ordinary okes here.

Edited by Live5

The big question is where did the shop het the fake. Ordered it from china and built it up themselves.

Ya, nice business model. USD 600 on a frameset on AliExpress (free shipping) another 800 on a fake set of Boras and bar, blow zar 25k on a groupset, and unload it all for a cool 90k. Nice business if you can get it. But just wrong.

Who knew guys could talk so much *** and be so bitchy! Loving this. Cant remember what I did for entertainment before finding the hub. Do your wives read this?

Please pass the popcorn?

I remember when I was a laaitjie - we ate chomps - kit kats were too expensive.

Today I spend thousands on the next bright shiny thing that catches my attention with little or no consideration. Why because quite frankly I can.

Cost is relative.

Your R1000 is my R100 is a less fortunate persons R10.

The fact that the bike is R91k is entirely relative not to your reality but to Andrews. If that is how he spends his money so freaking what, its his cash and sadly only for you it may be far less of a consideration than you buying a set of new brakes. Don't knock just because you can't do it.

The fact that he is pissed is understandable and fully justified and the fact that he warns guys like me that in good faith and recently new to the game who would trust a shiny fronted shop is commendable.

What I find ironic is that people passing comment and judging are the same guys that will come on here with their other 100000 post mates and bitch about the most arbitrary supposed slights they suffer and receive any number of shoulders to cry on.

Andrew - unlike so many deeply gifted individuals who supposedly can sum up the entire circumstance of a situation based on two sentences - I accept at face value your warning.

Thanks for letting us know and good luck from one of the dead ordinary okes here.

Bang, bang, BANG on. Andrew has gone as far as to share correspondence with Pinarello and ASG AND a photo of his Chinarello, to get dumped on by 'TheV' and others. This is a man who won't resell the Chinarello out of principle so probably doesn't feel the 91k hole in his pocket as much as he feels the righteous ire of being ripped off.

... Not everybody researches everything they buy to death before making a purchase...

He did say he thought about it for 3 months. Went in, fondled it, etc...

But researching for a fake? I can't say I have ever done that.