is this a hubber?

Louzy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Simmy my mate, please tell me what the difference is between a cyclist skipping a red light and a taxi skipping a red light.

Yes I know cyclists have killed 100s of people by safely crossing red robots and taxis none.

On the other hand, we have to take responsibility for our actions.

Now Simmy my mate, please tell me what the difference is between a cyclist skipping a red light and a taxi skipping a red light.

Same thing. Like being hit by a pellet or a 'Zombie Stopper', same thing - not.

Yes I know cyclists have killed 100s of people by safely crossing red robots and taxis none.

On the other hand, we have to take responsibility for our actions.

Same thing. Like being hit by a pellet or a 'Zombie Stopper', same thing - not.

So you just get to pick and choose which laws you obey?

Why not stop being part of the problem instead?

They are there for EVERYBODY. ALL of them. I don't understand how people don't get that.....

My attitude to red robots has changed, a big part of that change has come from discussions here. But you cannot compare an oke on a bike crossing on a red with a taxi doing the same.

Years ago I got a £30 fine for jumping a red light while out cycling the streets of London, had a cop pull up behind me on his bicycle with sirens blarring & flashing blue light was like a scene out Pacific Blue. I gave him all the correct details as I was afraid he might search my backpack & find my true identity & then I'll be in even more kaka.

Edited by milky4130

Guest Smimby

Not in Capetown to be fair.

Only the cyclist will get fined. I see taxis doing what they want on the road below tygervalley every day. And have reported it but never a cop in sight.

Guest Smimby

Hypothetically- what will hurt more:

1) Someone calling you a tjop 'cause you think like one

or

2) getting hit my a 2 ton block of metal moving at 60 km/h because you behaved like a tjop and jumped a red light while cycling?

Lets say it does happen that you feel aggrieved by what taxis are doing in voortrekker or vanguard or bill bezuidenhout, does this really entitle you to break the law?

(Still hypothetically speaking)

Lets say you jump a red light one day and a small car hit you, you end up in the back seat of the car with the decapitated head of a 5 year old on your lap. What will your excuse be in a court of law?

1) "They" break the law everyday, therefore I am exempt from keeping to it

or will you gooi a Pistorius excuse

2) my bicycle malfunctioned and it went into the intersection on its own accord

but ja, lets hope it doesn't happen :mellow:

Where did I say it is ok to break the law?????

I said both are wrong but only the soft target will get a fine. Jinne.....tog!

Where did I say it is ok to break the law?????

I said both are wrong but only the soft target will get a fine. Jinne.....tog!

What do you deem to be a (1) soft target and (2) a hard target.

I agree with you that the cyclist that jumped that robot was a soft target. But I also appauld the action of the traffic officer in issuing a fine/ warning.

for isn't it true that by jumping that red light the cyclist had the potential to injure someone? Thus becoming a hard target?

I wonder if the cyclist would jump a red light again after receiving that warning/ notice/ fine: hopefully not. If this Soft target keep to the law he becomes a no-target, which is so much better. Isn't it?

Years ago I got a £30 fine for jumping a red light while out cycling the streets of London, had a cop pull up behind me on his bicycle with sirens blarring & flashing blue light was like a scene out Pacific Blue. I gave him all the correct details as I was afraid he might search my backpack & find my true identity & then I'll be in even more kaka.

The cop bicycle had sirens and a flashing blue light?