is this a hubber?

Louzy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll ask for your Id book/number and use that to ticket you/get you on the system, you could lie I suppose.

And those tickets are not the ones you ignore, the ticket itself serves as a summons as the cop handed it to you.

But is it mandatory to carry your ID / driver's license while cycling?

As far as I was aware it isn't which means you can just say you aren't completely sure of your ID number.

Therefore issuing a fine is somewhat of pointless exercise but it will certainly make an offender think twice going forward.

As far as I was aware it isn't which means you can just say you aren't completely sure of your ID number.

Therefore issuing a fine is somewhat of pointless exercise but it will certainly make an offender think twice going forward.

Theoretically anyway, they can detain you until you can be positively identified, So, if you give them attitude, you might just find yourself having a lengthy unpleasant roadside or cop-shop experience. Not worth having. Decent people do not skip red robots, and when the do and get caught, they pay the price because they know they were in the wrong. Twits keep fighting, even when they are guilty as sin (Oscar anyone?)

Guest Smimby

Soft target, while taxis endanger many live on tygervalley road every day.

Now Simmy my mate, please tell me what the difference is between a cyclist skipping a red light and a taxi skipping a red light.

There is no difference. Either is against the law.

It is a criminal offense to lie to an officer of the law but it is an option I suppose?

And as pointed out they can hold you till they can positively ID you.

Theoretically anyway, they can detain you until you can be positively identified, So, if you give them attitude, you might just find yourself having a lengthy unpleasant roadside or cop-shop experience. Not worth having. Decent people do not skip red robots, and when the do and get caught, they pay the price because they know they were in the wrong. Twits keep fighting, even when they are guilty as sin (Oscar anyone?)

I am not condoning running a red light nor am I saying that people shouldn't man up when they know they have done something wrong (in fact I strongly believe people must deal with the consequences of their actions, no pleading ignornance especially when they know they are doing or have done something wrong), I just reckon that this case is somewhat of a pointless exercise.

I am not condoning running a red light nor am I saying that people shouldn't man up when they know they have done something wrong (in fact I strongly believe people must deal with the consequences of their actions, no pleading ignornance especially when they know they are doing or have done something wrong), BUT I just reckon that this case is somewhat of a pointless exercise.

My logic professor always said that everything preceding a 'but' in an argument is meaningless and wasted words....

Edited by Maniax

Guest Smimby

Now Simmy my mate, please tell me what the difference is between a cyclist skipping a red light and a taxi skipping a red light.

Both in the wrong, but only one will get targeted.

Not in Capetown to be fair.

Agreed, I hope they continue with the broken windows policy. once you get everyone sticking to even the small laws, you will eventually get a groundswell that will fore everyone to comply. Eventually over time. Not a quick fix but one that works.

Both in the wrong, but only one will get targeted.

Hypothetically- what will hurt more:

1) Someone calling you a tjop 'cause you think like one

or

2) getting hit my a 2 ton block of metal moving at 60 km/h because you behaved like a tjop and jumped a red light while cycling?

Lets say it does happen that you feel aggrieved by what taxis are doing in voortrekker or vanguard or bill bezuidenhout, does this really entitle you to break the law?

(Still hypothetically speaking)

Lets say you jump a red light one day and a small car hit you, you end up in the back seat of the car with the decapitated head of a 5 year old on your lap. What will your excuse be in a court of law?

1) "They" break the law everyday, therefore I am exempt from keeping to it

or will you gooi a Pistorius excuse

2) my bicycle malfunctioned and it went into the intersection on its own accord

but ja, lets hope it doesn't happen :mellow: