Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you lot not think Harley are trying to move forward with a newer generation of riders when looking at their Sportster and Street Ranges?

Do you lot not think Harley are trying to move forward with a newer generation of riders when looking at their Sportster and Street Ranges?

Confessional corner time: I have seen 1, one, Harley I would actually spend money on.

It is not yet released but will be soon.

The Harley livewire:

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/future-vehicles/livewire.html

So that's 2 electric bikes I would buy :whistling:

P.S: first time I have been on that page, only seen the youtube reviews. The scrambler/tracker concept looks very nice!!!!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I think they are just trying to stay afloat....

You know why tassels on the handlebars is such a favorite HD accessory?

So that you can see when it is actually moving forward... :whistling: :ph34r: [emoji317]

Or if they are upright.....

Don't know if BarryKM still hangs out here but I remember you were looking for a bike and saw these ads so thought they may interest you..

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/Themes/WildDog%20v2/images/post/clip.gif
2018 Yamaha MT-07 For sale 3700km
« on: October 02, 2018, 09:40:08 am »

2018 MT-07 ABS - Demo.

3700 Km's.

R94 950.00

Jamie- Cycle Craft Yamaha 066 556 5655 / 031 337 1716.

The MT-07 is designed to bring fun, affordability and enjoyment back to the street, and just about everything about this versatile naked bike – from its deep torque through to the agile chassis and outstanding economy – make it hard to resist for both newer and experienced riders.

The 689cc inline 2-cylinder engine benefits from our special ‘crossplane philosophy’ which enables it to develop linear torque for outstanding acceleration. And the MT-07 is also equipped with a compact and lightweight chassis for remarkable agility and easy handling.

MT-07 from Yamaha. There’s never been a better reason to rise up and ride.

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/Themes/WildDog%20v2/images/post/clip.gif
2018 Yamaha MT-07 For sale 3700km
« on: October 02, 2018, 09:40:08 am »

2018 MT-07 ABS - Demo.

3700 Km's.

R94 950.00

Jamie- Cycle Craft Yamaha 066 556 5655 / 031 337 1716.

The MT-07 is designed to bring fun, affordability and enjoyment back to the street, and just about everything about this versatile naked bike – from its deep torque through to the agile chassis and outstanding economy – make it hard to resist for both newer and experienced riders.

The 689cc inline 2-cylinder engine benefits from our special ‘crossplane philosophy’ which enables it to develop linear torque for outstanding acceleration. And the MT-07 is also equipped with a compact and lightweight chassis for remarkable agility and easy handling.

MT-07 from Yamaha. There’s never been a better reason to rise up and ride.

Edit: Apologies for formatting. Just a copy and paste..

Hi Sawyster...thanks for the thought and the post...this is my first visit to this thread for a month...

Went into a deep funk after I was "that close" to making the bank transfer for a low mileage pre-owned Versys 300 and my dear wife brought me back to reality by mentioning that it was a lot of money for a "nice to have" and "what about the next car?" Well, that was the destruction of a life-long dream  :(. But, there is some wisdom to it since we have a lot on the go at the moment, so I will just have to wait for another opportunity, just hope it's in this lifetime!!

There are lost of jokes about Harleys (converting petrol to noise etc) but a smooth yuppie dirt biking friend who admitted to having one said he like potato, potato'ing around with his goose on the pillion off for lunch / weekend with mates.

The only one I would consider would be an XR750 replica flat tracker.Could be a snorter but not practical.

Hi Sawyster...thanks for the thought and the post...this is my first visit to this thread for a month...

Went into a deep funk after I was "that close" to making the bank transfer for a low mileage pre-owned Versys 300 and my dear wife brought me back to reality by mentioning that it was a lot of money for a "nice to have" and "what about the next car?" Well, that was the destruction of a life-long dream :(. But, there is some wisdom to it since we have a lot on the go at the moment, so I will just have to wait for another opportunity, just hope it's in this lifetime!!

It's a lot easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permision...

There are lost of jokes about Harleys (converting petrol to noise etc) but a smooth yuppie dirt biking friend who admitted to having one said he like potato, potato'ing around with his goose on the pillion off for lunch / weekend with mates.

The only one I would consider would be an XR750 replica flat tracker.Could be a snorter but not practical.

There are some that gave a place in my small world, just not the screaming eagle, tassle equipped, chromed out rolling HD Store accessory catalogues with a rider that looks like they were beaten with the HD riding apparell catalogue...

Flat tracker sounds nice though.....

Went into a deep funk after I was "that close" to making the bank transfer for a low mileage pre-owned Versys 300 and my dear wife brought me back to reality by mentioning that it was a lot of money for a "nice to have" and "what about the next car?" Well, that was the destruction of a life-long dream  :(. But, there is some wisdom to it since we have a lot on the go at the moment, so I will just have to wait for another opportunity, just hope it's in this lifetime!!

Barry,

She is right. I think in order to throw away spend money on a "nice to have " bike, one needs to be sure you won't need it in the future. Mind you, with the price of fuel going the way it is, you may even end up saving money and/or selling it at a profit!

Let those who ride decide.....

But I'm with Grebel on this one.

Only Harley I would ever buy is a Buell. I particularly like their approach to using swing arm as sump,etc etc...

Now we're talking!  :clap:

Saw one yesterday which looked like it was being ridden like it should be. Melted rubber all the way to the edge of the tyre with no chicken strip. Told the rider I was proud of him. Haha