Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So an actual 165-175hp then. Ducati not really known for truthful power figures. Always around 10% over actual.......

I think those little wings are worth at least 10 BHP... makes you look like Dovi…

Whatever it is its more than enough.

My lil street triple which I am ashamed to say I have not run in yet and is restricted to 6000 rpm pops wheelies off the line with HP of around 110, 160 plus in my hands = lost licence or hospital.

I think those little wings are worth at least 10 BHP... makes you look like Dovi…

Whatever it is its more than enough.

My lil street triple which I am ashamed to say I have not run in yet and is restricted to 6000 rpm pops wheelies off the line with HP of around 110, 160 plus in my hands = lost licence or hospital.

Honestly, anything over 100hp for road use is just bragging rights.

I see the new KTM Duke is also getting winglets.

The same winglets that apparently only add downforce at 250kmh+ so on a naked bike it would be completely for looks. Also first thing to break if the bike fell over in a parking lot. So new revenue stream for the manufacturers!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

The same winglets that apparently only add downforce at 250kmh+ so on a naked bike it would be completely for looks. Also first thing to break if the bike fell over in a parking lot. So new revenue stream for the manufacturers!!

Thats a good point, I imagine they're catastrophically expensive, because of 'all the science'...

Looks great!  With the weather we're having in CT today (rain) my left knee is throbbing reminding me of the last fateful time I rode a ZX250R almost 20 years ago...   :cursing:

if you were a schoolboy again and you had that bike, with what I have seen teenage girls (and History teachers) get up to these days, it wouldn't just be your knee that was throbbing  :whistling:

So now the ous can also brag they have something “with wings”.

Jip, it's like spending R100k on a 1986 Citi Golf and thinking it now makes it worth R130k.

He modded the wrong bike. If it was a rally raid style KTM 690 then maybe.......

Sweet lil bike and looks like it could be had for 10k NZ.

Lots of guys ship bikes to oz and ride around these days, maybe the next guy thinking of it would buy and do it on this.

Cant think of worse bikes to do it on.

These I don't think were official imports here cept for a few years in the mid 00's . They become quite expensive in second hand market, quite sort after. the guy who MOTs my car had one. Sold it for nigh on 6k.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, the RemoteMoto bike.

I have a RemoteMoto account which I used a lot when I lived in Christchurch. they have awesome trail maps and points-of-interest for dual-sport/offroad riders. the owner of this DRZ has personally been responsible for mapping out thousands of km of offroad trail on the South Island.

Here's the post detailing exactly how much work went into that bike

https://www.remotemoto.com/articles/drz400-adventure-bike-build/

As far as I know that guy now rides a 2016 KTM 500 EXC-F SixDays. The princely sum of $15,000 is probably to try recoup the hefty cost of the KTM and kitting it out for adventures. 

there are not enough likes in the whole interweb for that. i felt their pain

I was laughing so damn hard. That number 5 and 21. ????????????????????????????

But hey, at least the "is the bike alright" thing has been around for that long, eh?