Is motorcycling allowed?

Guest EdEdEd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But, many moons later it's time for another "project". Selling my humbe little XR125L commute and getting a CRF250L. Will rope in Bogus to help turn the top into the bottom.

11078419_1564839740433416_1667990165_n.j

Nice Iwan...I will be looking for a new bike soon too, had an accident with my Suzuki DR650 just before the Easter weekend. :(

Looking for a Suzuki V-strom, 650.

But, many moons later it's time for another "project". Selling my humbe little XR125L commute and getting a CRF250L. Will rope in Bogus to help turn the top into the bottom.

Awesome little commuter that is! Two things let it down though IMO. The exhaust (just change it) and the suspension. Suspension is fine if you stick to tar. Once you go off road things change... Did a 500km+ adventure ride on one that consisted of mostly Gravel roads with a lot of "short cut" cattle paths and goat tracks thrown in for the smile factor and it was found lacking (again IMO).

On corrugations the damping is almost non existent and I almost found my eyeballs in my goggles a few times. Standing helped a bit. I did end up with a pip ache at the end of day one and I attribute that to the short comings in the suspension causing my lid to shake a bit while seated

Technical stuff is a first gear affair for the most part but the happy button was a welcome relief when things got horizontal.

For the price though you can't go wrong  :thumbup:

I believe that the CRF250R suspension is a welcome upgrade. (Apparently a few CRF rolling chassis around with engines that tried to eat themselves that are being parted out for spares...)

I love that little CRF.  I'm following a blog of a couple from Amsterdam who are riding a pair of them through Africa - they've come all the way down and are now going back up.  Faultless so far.

After having lots of bigger bikes, I'm finding myself attracted more and more to the little engines again.

You can now have one of these for a little bit over R300k . 

http://content.kawasaki.com/Content/Uploads/Products/6182/Colors/edprj15p.uw2.png

Edited by dirt-rider

You can now have one of these for a little bit over R300k . 

http://content.kawasaki.com/Content/Uploads/Products/6182/Colors/edprj15p.uw2.png

Drool...

That supercharger chirp must be an addictive sound to hear

I would like some advice; I have been drooling over buell bikes for over 3 years now.

and i am tyred of just looking and am seriously considering buying a 2008 xb12 Rfirebolt.

i have been getting mixed opinions. any advice ? the one I am looking at is the second owner. first owner brought it over from the states> has 11000miles on and guy wants 50 for it. what else would one consider?

How was the XR to commute on?