Hit by a car again

Vetseun

Some of you may recall that myself, my son and a friend were involved in a hit and run incident a few months back.

Yesterday I was on a ride, riding on a path next to the road that has been created by mountain bikers using it.

At least 1,5 m from the tarmac.

Then I was on the bike then I was on the ground.

Got hit from behind by a car.

The lady driver claimed that she was looking for a place to pull off the road, she didn't see me because the sun was blinding her. This at 11h15 in the morning.

She became very abusive and claimed that I was irresponsible for riding at that time of the morning. She claimed that she would be contacting me for the repair cost of her vehicle. I noticed that the side view mirror of the car was broken off

So here I am lying in the road bleeding. I have a lady screaming at me. At that stage I thought that my leg was broken. Not her or her two male friends in the car with her made any effort to assist me. The two friends climbed out with Heinekens in the hand, so obviously they had been drinking.

I eventually managed to stand up and recover my bike. Totally disorientated, I gave her my telephone number and they got in the car an left.

I managed to contact my wife who came and collected me.

Lots of grazes and cuts and a very sore leg and shoulder. Had an x ray, nothing broken, just, as the doctor said, a tenderised leg muscle.

Bike has damage, Saddle is a write off. (Brand new GOBI). I will have the bike assed at my LBS tomorrow.

This has been the second time in six months that I have been hit by a car. I am really concerned that I may strike out at number 3. Many other cyclists have not survived one accident with a car.post-16512-0-13757000-1402246041_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-88864900-1402246083_thumb.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that , did you get the number plate or any of her details?

Scary that it happened that far from the road.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Edited by Ryan's dad

My eyes are watering looking at those photos... Must hurt like hell!

Glad you're okay. Heal up soon!

Ps: hope the bike is okay

Edited by worriesnot

Awesome war picture!

Enlarge it and give it a place of honor in your den/ braai area.

Hope you've the registration. If not, put out a local request to people that may have seen it.

Vat dit rustig vir 'n paar dae.

Sorry to hear your news. I hope she makes contact with you so you can lay a charge against her. Stay strong and get well soon. Be sure to have a physio take a look at that leg, you need to get that haematoma draining as soon as possible to avoid any scar tissue forming.

Jees, Vettie! That is NOT cool! Hope you at least manage to get some details out of her when / if she contacts you in the future.

Bloody glad you're here and alive to tell the tale. And as MTBaaisiklist says... effing B***H!

Guest EdEdEd

Eina mother vetties! I really hope you took their details (and liscence number). You need to press charges!!!

Not for revenge. But these people are a danger to everyone!

But im glad you are relatively ok! Heal up well boet!!!