• Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Logan

Not quite sure what to say about it. Not your typical Superhero movie, and not how I would have liked to have seen Wolverine and Professor X, but I thought it was well put together with good acting.

Yeah, very different. Need to watch it again, but I wasn't over-awed by it the first time I saw it. Maybe it's 'cos I was expecting something completely different... 

The village next to us has an art deco movie theater that has been sitting abandoned for years. They have just recently restored it and opened it up. It has old plush chairs..2 small intimate theatres and a wine bar.. Like a step back in time. Anyway this summer they are doing anniversary screenings. Fight club, dead poets, wizard of Oz, and Alien. All part of our movie list too. How awesome to watch Alien in the big screen again.. Looking forward to it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvXELaODaRF

Flipping Awesome!

The village next to us has an art deco movie theater that has been sitting abandoned for years. They have just recently restored it and opened it up. It has old plush chairs..2 small intimate theatres and a wine bar.. Like a step back in time. Anyway this summer they are doing anniversary screenings. Fight club, dead poets, wizard of Oz, and Alien. All part of our movie list too. How awesome to watch Alien in the big screen again.. Looking forward to it!

Like the Labia Theatre, but more posh... Great to see these gems being used, still. 

anyone remember the drive-in? parked on the woops section, single speaker thingy hanging off an open window, which was a pita if the night was cold. My dad used to us to the near year's show at Skyview, Tokai or at Goodwood. Think ET was one movie I remember watching. tjanked like a baby when ET did a mary poppins. ^_^

Like the Labia Theatre, but more posh... Great to see these gems being used, still.

Is that theatre behind the mount Nelson still open?

Just googled.. That is the labia! [emoji23]

Edited by Stretch

anyone remember the drive-in? parked on the woops section, single speaker thingy hanging off an open window, which was a pita if the night was cold. My dad used to us to the near year's show at Skyview, Tokai or at Goodwood. Think ET was one movie I remember watching. tjanked like a baby when ET did a mary poppins. ^_^

There were a couple of bases reached at the drive in......well.... it was Junior school... So 2[emoji23]

Is that theatre behind the mount Nelson still open?

Just googled.. That is the labia! [emoji23]

I'm not so sure the Internet Police here at work would believe me if I told them I googled "Labia" to find a theatre.

On a different note - watched The Highwaymen on Sunday - I really enjoyed it.

First movie I watched as a kid at the Goodwood drive in was The Fly ..... now that was fun.

A few years later my best friends father was the manager, and we would as kids end up running wild ..... oh, his mother also made the worlds best crisps, and she used to make sure we had enough of these!

Some awesome memories.

anyone remember the drive-in? parked on the woops section, single speaker thingy hanging off an open window, which was a pita if the night was cold. My dad used to us to the near year's show at Skyview, Tokai or at Goodwood. Think ET was one movie I remember watching. tjanked like a baby when ET did a mary poppins. ^_^

anyone remember the drive-in? parked on the woops section, single speaker thingy hanging off an open window, which was a pita if the night was cold. My dad used to us to the near year's show at Skyview, Tokai or at Goodwood. Think ET was one movie I remember watching. tjanked like a baby when ET did a mary poppins. ^_^

Woah.. and then the upgrade when you could tune your car radio in and pick up the signal..our drive-ins here were still operational when the Lion King came out..that was the last movie I watched at the drive-in...

My kids look at me weird when I speak of drive-ins and roadhouses .."so you ate in the car[emoji33]"..don't even mention intermission at the movies.. that blows their minds completely

Man I remember many nights at the old veldskoen drive in by randburg as a kid. It had the play equipment just below the big screen  where kids hopped up on sugar would try fling you off the merry go round. My folks had a station wagon where we flattened the back seats and put a mattress in there and watched out the tailgate... freezing but fun.

LOL ... I worked as an usher at a large movie theater during school holidays when the Lion King was showing ...... that was sold out day and night!

Woah.. and then the upgrade when you could tune your car radio in and pick up the signal..our drive-ins here were still operational when the Lion King came out..that was the last movie I watched at the drive-in...

My kids look at me weird when I speak of drive-ins and roadhouses .."so you ate in the car[emoji33]"..don't even mention intermission at the movies.. that blows their minds completely