No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointed.

Don't know what to believe anymore. I believed Lance for years, even assured my son that Lance wasn't cheating - Lance had an extra large heart & lungs, didn't produce lactic acid blah blah blah. Turns out he was a 5 star w"nker and made me look a right muppet in front of my son :-(

Of course, and once he's done the legwork to clear his name I'll start believing again. Till then, it's a NO from me.

It's a DUNNO from me ;o I mean why would he take a chance like that in the zenith of his career, just cant fathom or accept that. So much was at stake.

Think I will go find another sport to get compassionate about. Or stick to mtb, Can't get into any ball games (with the exception of Women's Volleyball). Seems so random. Too bad Curling is a winter sport, so far away.

Guest Omega Man

Now I'm happy (as happy as you can be when someone else is suffering...), and no I'm not racist

Hahaha. Yeah I'm not a fan myself but when he decides to get up on the right side of the bed no-one on the planet can touch him

Besides the use for Gout (which he would need a TUE hey ne? ;) ) What else is it used for (besides as a masking agent)

I hear it works for BABALAS. Maybe Daryl had a big night out?

I can't say I am Suprised, but I am very disappointed.

I love this sport and have been involved for 25 years, it's part of who I am. But it's starting to get embarrassing trying to explain to my "layman" mates why cyclists are always using drugs and getting bust.

I think anyone would be very naive to think any of the top guys are clean.

Just a very disappointing day for SA cycling.

I so wanted this not to be true particularly since I was picked up near Walkerville by a newby Pro just back from Europe some years ago and he could not have been nicer or more supportive.

It's a DUNNO from me ;o I mean why would he take a chance like that in the zenith of his career, just cant fathom or accept that. So much was at stake.

Prisons are full of people who thought they could get away with it, but were proven wrong..........

Edited by eddy

Pro sport is not what we think it is. Look at the Hansie and now Vincent match fixing cases in cricket - I think a lot of sport we see is not a real contest, but rather just entertainment. As soon as lots of money enters the room, corruption is not far behind. What does the E in WWE stand for?

This is going to get interesting, the same okes here the hub who flamed other convicted dopers, will they now flame one of their own? Someone Pop the Corn

this I agree with !

Cycling is not alone as a professional sport in using peds. If any of the other professional sports involving endurance and athleticism where subjected to the same testing protocol as professional cycling there would be far less raised eyebrows about cycling.

I can't say I am Suprised, but I am very disappointed.

I love this sport and have been involved for 25 years, it's part of who I am. But it's starting to get embarrassing trying to explain to my "layman" mates why cyclists are always using drugs and getting bust.

I think anyone would be very naive to think any of the top guys are clean.

Just a very disappointing day for SA cycling.

Top sports is massively competitive. It's not IF people dope (the have no choice if they want to stay competitive) but if they'll get caught.

While I'm not condoning doping, it does little to distract from the sheer ability these guys have (a non-doper will kick our collective butts on his day off, doing 1-legged drills on a single speed) or the appeal of the sport.

The only reason cyclists get caught more often is that testing is more stringent and frequent.

Now for his friend Froome. From zero to hero in 3 seasons. Most spectacular rise to the top in cycling. 7,2 W/ Kg???

Something to chew on:

1) This product isnt prescribed for medical treatments much in todays times.

2) It also doesnt just happen to get into your system by accident. You dont get it in a contaminated product

3) You have to go find it to get it.

4) Its abused as a masking agent.

5) Half life on average 5 hrs and when used correctly, its a good masking product.

6) His statement that says the most stupidest thing ever and I cannot believe he said this that he he was suprised that his test on the 6th Feb was positive when the tests on the 8 & 9th Feb were negative. Its called GLOW TIME Darryl thats why.

7) He has come off a incredibly improved season from 2012 - 2013 in regards to form and racing and 2014 started off even better than 2013 with his Tour Down Under performance, SA's and early season Euorpean classics.

8) I dont buy his "I'm innocent" not in this case with this product.