No Daryl Impey for Tour de France - Positive Test Result

shifter

post-10758-0-99034900-1404294720_thumb.jpg

We can have a "stock" and a "modified" class. Then they can pump themselves full of whatever they want, or ride clean.

Yeah, like Steve Palmer! Did you see his drug comment in "Won't Back Down"?

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it will make a difference. They bust Contador for picograms of clenbuterol.

Yes wont make a difference to his sentence but for myself I would like to know was it tiny traces that are a non issue in reality or was it large doses which would only mean cheating if my understanding is correct.

But aren't winners and those who podium always tested?

You forgetting that they bargain on the substance's trace is gone by the time they are kissing the podium girls....lance was doped to the gills...passed many a test

Its a timing game it seems

Perhaps he was hoping the testers got lost on the way to the event.

But aren't winners and those who podium always tested?

Its the best alibi out there... I knew I would be tested, why would I be so stupid?

its a masking agent, not a performance enhancer. Its presence indicates the use of anabolics

Yes, but it only works in HIGH doses. Hence the point - we need to know what levels were found in his system to draw conclusions

Edited by dracs

Yes, but it only works in HIGH doses. Hence the point - we need to know what leves were found in his system to draw conclusions

it doesnt matter. the test might have been as the last traces were leaving his system. Thats why its presence is banned

Edited by fandacious

Doubt it will make a difference. They bust Contador for picograms of clenbuterol.

Indeed, but does raise questions as quote from choachsci page -

"However, even a small trace of Probenecid requires the posting of a positive banned-drug result but in all reality the amount would be useless for cheating"

Edited by IdeJongh

Yes, but it only works in HIGH doses. Hence the point - we need to know what levels were found in his system to draw conclusions

Because the buck stops with us. He ain't positive unless the hub says so.

A very relevant remark. Lance never got bust because he put back his own blood, just much more oxygen rich than the blood in his veins after 5 days of racing. It is still not possible to detect 100%. They look at a ratio of old cell vs. New, but pros micro dose to aviod detection. I still think the Conto clenbuterol trace came from a blood bag he donated while out of competition, that he took on the rest day. The Astana medical team was not so sharp after Bruneel and co. split off, and probably overlooked the clenbuterol by mistake when they withdrew the blood.

Will have to wait and see how the Impey case pans out, it seems extremely stupid to get bust for dope that can be easily found by test, that does not boost performance. I also do not think he would have needed to dope for SA champs, that would be a very high risk for very little reward.