Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember going to the Doc's store in London in 1994, with my then 19 year old daughter. Got talked into buying a pair of black leather Doc boots for her (something about being twisted around a finger). My daughter wore them for a long time and handed them down to her (much) younger sister a few years ago

Went back to a (not only 1 anymore) Doc's store in London last year, with my 16 year old daughter, wearing her 'hand me down' Docs. Staff couldn't get over the old Docs, made in England, all the new ones are made elsewhere (????).

Ended up buying another 2 pairs, silver and red, this new generation has strange tastes!

Your daughter is the same age as me and now you have a daughter the same age as my daughter..... You like torture don't you!

I remember when you could drive anywhere without seeing someone p**ssing on the side of the road. Would seem we are a nation of small bladders!

Pay attention to the colour of the urine - light / clear means only one thing: beer. You would think the traffic cops would have wised up to that by now, but sadly no, keeping roads safe doesn't factor,

I drink a reasonable amount of water in office during the day and it also comes out light and clear .... are you saying the office is "fixing" the water cooler with beer .... I need to go double check!

Pay attention to the colour of the urine - light / clear means only one thing: beer. You would think the traffic cops would have wised up to that by now, but sadly no, keeping roads safe doesn't factor,

How closely do you look at the okes taking a leak?!

How closely do you look at the okes taking a leak?!

Generally you can't miss it - the ous are not shy and there is volumes to flush which speaks volumes.

Edited by kosmonooit

Light and clear generally means you are well hydrated

Intake of certain vitamins (found in beer) will make it bright yellow.

Lack of decent public toilets is probably what Odinson was referring to indirectly

Remember going to the Doc's store in London in 1994, with my then 19 year old daughter. Got talked into buying a pair of black leather Doc boots for her (something about being twisted around a finger). My daughter wore them for a long time and handed them down to her (much) younger sister a few years ago

Went back to a (not only 1 anymore) Doc's store in London last year, with my 16 year old daughter, wearing her 'hand me down' Docs. Staff couldn't get over the old Docs, made in England, all the new ones are made elsewhere (????).

Ended up buying another 2 pairs, silver and red, this new generation has strange tastes!

Nice. Yeh I never had a pair of Doc's, but almost drooled when I saw them in the shop windows.

Light and clear generally means you are well hydrated

Intake of certain vitamins (found in beer) will make it bright yellow.

Lack of decent public toilets is probably what Odinson was referring to indirectly

Perhaps...  my drinking days are a distant lost memory although I drink a reasonable amount of water now and generally produce the yellow stuff. But I can remember the relief after a lot of drinking, beer or otherwise, and the translucent nature thereof.

Point is there is a lot of drinking & driving going on here, especially inter-dorp and runs to the rural areas.

Perhaps...  my drinking days are a distant lost memory although I drink a reasonable amount of water now and generally produce the yellow stuff. But I can remember the relief after a lot of drinking, beer or otherwise, and the translucent nature thereof.

Point is there is a lot of drinking & driving going on here, especially inter-dorp and runs to the rural areas.

Hardly ever yellow, except if I'm really dehydrated. Normally drink a shartload of coffee and water, pee like a racehorse and it's clear. Sometimes, especially if I'm on the road or have had just a bit too much java, I need to stop to relieve myself at the closest toilet. Yellow essentially means it's got a concentrated mineral content, not that you've been drinking. 

I remember when you could drive anywhere without seeing someone p**ssing on the side of the road. Would seem we are a nation of small bladders!

I understand people can get caught short, it's happened to everyone at some point. Generally you look for a bush to hide behind or a dark conrner and you do what you've gotta do.

What I didn't like in SA was the guys who do it in full view and grin at you while they're doing it. That's not "whoops, I got caught short" it's more like "**** you". An attitude more and more prevailent in society.

those were awesome!

seems to be readily available now again in stores.

I bought two pairs in NYC last month. They are still supremely comfortable.

I understand people can get caught short, it's happened to everyone at some point. Generally you look for a bush to hide behind or a dark conrner and you do what you've gotta do.

What I didn't like in SA was the guys who do it in full view and grin at you while they're doing it. That's not "whoops, I got caught short" it's more like "**** you". An attitude more and more prevailent in society.

Yeah, them;s are special

Who remembers 'spading chicks' haha. Was digging in my garden and remembered that old expression. Also recalled it being a spectacularly and consistently unsuccessful endeavour...

Who remembers 'spading chicks' haha. Was digging in my garden and remembered that old expression. Also recalled it being a spectacularly and consistently unsuccessful endeavour...

Weel, after you had the pleasant sounding spading be successful you could look forward to 'graunching' which I think is actually what your gears do when you haven't lubed properly...