Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of these helped me stay sane during my army days. Fond memories.

Me too. Until some dwis stole mine...

• 2 weeks later...

One for all those audiophiles out there. I'm trying to remember the name of a local band, I used to enjoy. They were led by a front-woman. The type of music was rock, alternative I guess.

They were contemporaries of the Springbok Nude Girls, Squeal, Sugardrive, etc. Barney Simon used to play them when he was still on 5FM.

Any ideas?

Possibly No Friends of Harry? But she played drums

Henry Ate, but was very soft rock

Fetish, she rocked.

One for all those audiophiles out there. I'm trying to remember the name of a local band, I used to enjoy. They were led by a front-woman. The type of music was rock, alternative I guess.

They were contemporaries of the Springbok Nude Girls, Squeal, Sugardrive, etc. Barney Simon used to play them when he was still on 5FM.

Any ideas?

agree with Long Donkey 

Fetish: with Michelle Breeze

Henry Ate with Karma

eVoid. Went to some of their  concerts. They were pretty good. Made me appreciate that the locals could produce good music at a time when I was 100% into British rock.

Edited by DJR

eVoid. Went to some of their  concerts. They were pretty good. Made me appreciate that the locals could produce good music bat a time when I was 100% into British rock.

I reckon eVoid were possibly the most talented and underrated SA band. They tried it in the States and didn't make it. Then the UK where I saw them a few times although they had had problems by then - with their drummer, I believe. Still, loved their music style.

Anyone remember Bright Blue?

Anyone remember Bright Blue?

Of course, I still have their album on vinyl nogal. Great vibes, good times..

Drummer was Peter Cohen who has come a long way as a musician - lately with Freshlyground

1200px-Freshlyground_%28from_Capetown%29

How about the Asylum Kids?  f0k that was a jol

ak1_1024x1024.jpg

Edited by kosmonooit

Any ideas?

You could ask BS . Still on the waves. Most irritating person on radio.