Who remembers?

DPG

Even though I was “only” born in the 80s, I grew up to the Stones, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Led Zep, Who etc

Still dominate my top played songs on iTunes

But these kids who wear Nirvana T-shirt’s because a Kardashian did, they are not hip, they are twats :P

Exactly. It would appear life is wasted on the youngsters.....

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say, for all the censorship and stuff we had in SA in the 70's and 80's, David "Gruesome" Gresham, who had an hour long radio show every afternoon, played some very cool stuff that most definitely laid the foundation for what I still listen to today. AC/DC, Van Halen . . . stuff I'd just never heard before . . .  but still love.

Who remembers Currie Cup Cricket with Edwill van Aarde commentating, and the obligatory rest-day on Sundays? Going to Newlands and sitting on the wooden benches under the old oak trees, playing cricket with the other laaities on the B-field which is where Kelvin Grove is now, running onto the wicket to give Graeme Pollock a sip of a beer upon reaching a hundred?

Those were the days!

In the 70's we didn't have a TV - so it was radio every night. Tracey Dark . . .Jet Jungle . . . . 

We used to have a chirp to a buddy that got out of hand or too "windgat" for everyone's liking by asking them..."hey boet, het Jet Jungle in jou pap gekak?"

I Still have mine and it's still in working order  :thumbup:

Lucky you.

I got mine second hand in '99, had it for a while, lent it to a "mate" and then never saw it again.

One of my lighties' favourite movies, this... 

My kids love it too...

And even though there's singing (musicals are my least favourite genre of movie!), this one is like a 'kiddies' James Bond which makes it kinda cool in my book:  

• Produced by Albert Broccoli
  • Based on an Ian Fleming novel
  • Stars Gert Frobe as the bad guy
  • Stars Desmond Llewelyn as the motor workshop owner
  • And then of course the car that can do all that cool stuff!

:lol:

Edited by Stoffel76

I must say, for all the censorship and stuff we had in SA in the 70's and 80's, David "Gruesome" Gresham, who had an hour long radio show every afternoon, played some very cool stuff that most definitely laid the foundation for what I still listen to today. AC/DC, Van Halen . . . stuff I'd just never heard before . . .  but still love.

Chris Prior was responsible for a large chunk of my CD collection at one point. He would play tracks from an album, a day or two later I would be off to CD Wherehouse Rosebank to buy a copy. Back when DJs actually had to know about music and influenced peoples tastes and trends.

I haven’t listened to any radio in many years.

13124963_455061534704041_125330557831061

For the longest time the family car was a 1979 Cortina 2.0 GL, white like the one pictured. 74 kW of raw power to the back wheels, my man. And a wood fascia inside with brown vinyl seats. What a beast.

44775362_2418522861543098_68122574293009

Remember when your mom locked that bad boy and your could still tap the number.. But sometimes you tapped a 9 instead of a ten and you got some other random person

My old man hit me with one of those when I was in the process of being expelled from school. Made a bit of a clanging sound, too :w00t:

You can’t drop a nugget like that and simply move on!!