DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who remembers this bad boy?

10ad036ab4e4cab2c6f742dd8b48a42a.png

Yip, and there was a bar one as well with beers being sent down bars you had to get before they fell off the end... Tap something?

And there was Prince of Persia and then the one I wasted most of my time one - Gran Prix! All in CGA graphics... EGA was then a big step forward, but then came VGA!  That was the bomb! :lol:

Yip, and there was a bar one as well with beers being sent down bars you had to get before they fell off the end... Tap something?

And there was Prince of Persia and then the one I wasted most of my time one - Gran Prix! All in CGA graphics... EGA was then a big step forward, but then came VGA!  That was the bomb! :lol:

That was my second favourite. There was another that spent my early childhood on...

Durell's Saboteur...

http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/denofgeek/files/styles/article_width/public/0/47//sab-1b.jpg?itok=6rv8rmgC

Ah yes.  The days when we spent playing Tap something before we spent all of our time and money on trying to tap someone......

And there was Prince of Persia and then the one I wasted most of my time one - Gran Prix! All in CGA graphics... EGA was then a big step forward, but then came VGA! That was the bomb! [emoji38]

I thought VGA was the best thing since sliced bread after CGA and EGA.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

The "joke" about Patricia de Lille and Benny Alexander sharing the same set of false teeth when they were ID or PAM or something. IMHO her best contribution to SA; still makes me smile just a guilty bit.

You had to queue to pay ...

And you could listen to any CD's, and there was always people working there who knew their stuph

Before they moved to Rosebank they were Hillbrow Records in Pretoria Street .. lots of evenings spent there in skint student days

Got this triple LP gem there,,, and still have it.

THE-CLASH-SANDINISTA-EX-NM-in-torn-shrin

Before then was Street Records and Moolas in town, bought my first Docs there!

Then they got bought out by that nondescript corporate ... and it was all downhill

Street Records in Braamies! Hell Yeah!  although I have reminisced previously happy to do so again. They used to hire out LP's and cool music Videos. So for like a few Rands you could get a pile of LP's to 'listen to' over the weekend ... Sinead o Connor, The Specials,. The Doors, The Clash, Exploited, U2, Peter Gabriel and many more were first heard here. Cool guy that used to run it...

And Moolas  was a legend.