Who remembers?

DPG

I've got a 351 Cleveland with a C4 auto box if you need more muscle  :devil:

Turn it into a Perana  :ph34r:  

I've modified a ford V6. It's been bored, stroked, gas flowed, blue printed etc. Got 2 intake manifolds(can't decide which to go with), The 3 weber interceptor setup as well as a 4 barrel holley. I have a small nitrous setup as well. I am thinking of fitting an electric super charger but haven't bought that yet. I have a brand new cressida box and a land cruiser box(used). The land cruiser has a steel centre housing and the cressida is all ally so I am thinking of using the land cruiser casing with cressida internals. Brakes, diff, suspension upgrades are all going to be a mix match.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had one of those as well. It got stolen from my driveway. Only had it for a few weeks. Was a 2 door. Was so angry about that one. I wanted to get into historic racing. Found a old couple near me selling this 1969 mk1. I go see them, they were the only owners. The guy sommer tells me he feels bad asking R3000 for the car as he paid R750 in 1969 brand new. I said give me 30 min and I will have the cash for you. I then bought an 2 litre pinto motor from the UK(that's the class I wanted to race in) and the same day I got informed the motor had arrived and I could pick it up the car got stolen. Sat with a motor and no car. 

That sucks big hairy donkey balls. Sorry squire.

I've modified a ford V6. It's been bored, stroked, gas flowed, blue printed etc. Got 2 intake manifolds(can't decide which to go with), The 3 weber interceptor setup as well as a 4 barrel holley. I have a small nitrous setup as well. I am thinking of fitting an electric super charger but haven't bought that yet. I have a brand new cressida box and a land cruiser box(used). The land cruiser has a steel centre housing and the cressida is all ally so I am thinking of using the land cruiser casing with cressida internals. Brakes, diff, suspension upgrades are all going to be a mix match.

For bling, I'd go weber. But setting up those 3 webers is gonna be an absolute ballache compared to the single Holley. 

Agreed re your thoughts on teh 'box

For bling, I'd go weber. But setting up those 3 webers is gonna be an absolute ballache compared to the single Holley. 

Agreed re your thoughts on teh 'box

Do you remember the old cortina xr6? They came off one of those. LOL they seriously scarce and I had been looking for one but couldn't find a complete one. My toppie was taking the scenic route home from work one day and passed a guys house that had a whole lot of modified renaults in his garden. My gran parents at that stage had a scenic that was in need of a coil pack so he stopped and asked the guy. He noticed a ford V6 with interceptor carbs lying in the corner of his garage. It was covered and had no water damage like most of these discarded projects. Asked the guy about it and the guy said he will sell it but only the complete motor(We got so many stripped engines so didn't really want another). So my toppie bought it there and then for me. The inside of the motor was actually in very good condition. Ford had 3 cams for those V6. They called them black, red and blue with black being standard, red a little bit of performance and blue being wild. This motor had a blue! Score!

Do you remember the old cortina xr6? They came off one of those. LOL they seriously scarce and I had been looking for one but couldn't find a complete one. My toppie was taking the scenic route home from work one day and passed a guys house that had a whole lot of modified renaults in his garden. My gran parents at that stage had a scenic that was in need of a coil pack so he stopped and asked the guy. He noticed a ford V6 with interceptor carbs lying in the corner of his garage. It was covered and had no water damage like most of these discarded projects. Asked the guy about it and the guy said he will sell it but only the complete motor(We got so many stripped engines so didn't really want another). So my toppie bought it there and then for me. The inside of the motor was actually in very good condition. Ford had 3 cams for those V6. They called them black, red and blue with black being standard, red a little bit of performance and blue being wild. This motor had a blue! Score!

I remember them well... My dad used to have an old Granada, back in the day. 

As for the Cortina, though....

"Ford Cortina, Spacy and wide"

Baby blue 1974 Beetle, bought in 1994, which ended up in a ball of flames directly under the N12 highway heading from the then PnP Hyper towards the airport, shortly thereafter in 1994.

1974 Leyland Mini 1100 Clubman with wooden dash insert, 6" Pioneer 3 ways and a booster. Bought it for R400 in 1991. Came complete with 3 leaf clovers growing through the carpets and more rust than paint :D Spent a few months repairing it with my Dad. Good times!!