Urban MTB Assalt

fastlegs

Had a absolute jol. Started in batch E and didn't have a problem with bottle necks.

If people just rode the scaffolding they would have realised that it's a lot easier and safer than walking.

Really enjoyed some of the technical stuff like the little hip jump coming out of the storm water channel.

Only issue I had was trying to get a cold drink after the race.

Water points could have been a bit better but overall it was a awesome event.

Well done and thank you to the organisers, I'll be back for the next one:)

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good ride and the route was quite challenging.

I only had a problem with the storm water drains, fell twice due to them being slippery, and saw many other people also come off.

Does any one know what the winning time of the 55km race was?

1 water point for 52km.....

This would be top of my list.

To the team that put this together, I really enjoyed myself, but, small piece of constructive criticism, please have more water points, or at the very least, if there will only be one, please put it further in. Also, whatever the situation is with regards to water points, please can you let us know up front so we can plan accordingly.

Good first time effort, may it be even better next year.

Was different and interesting, some of the water not smell to great. Fun and a jol with mates.

Also disappointed with the 1 water point as only took one bottle for the 52kms. International Trade, you were supposedly sponsoring the second water point, but you were not there.... Explain yourself!!

Otherwise a jol with mates, bottle necks a bit of a pain and those metal ramps need mats so that you don't slip when walking on them... Better if people rode them.

The 700m tunnel could have done with a few more lights, but was fun riding and not really knowing what the guy in front was doing !!

Best part the beer tent afterwards :)

Thnx for the efforts made,the only criticism I have,is the lack of waterpoints,no drinks at the end,and a freaking bell,what the serious fiaaaaack,you have such a awesome logo,why not make that logo a medal as well,that would have sit nicely on my hanger,and the bragging rights associated with this being the first of its kind. I honestly expected more in terms of those issues mentioned,but it was fun though,I enjoyed the technical parts that was free from bottlenecks. Lastly,a BIG thanks to andrew/andre that assisted me around 30km,when a big piece of stick punctured my rear wheel,thnx bud,even though I couldn't give you something for the assistance, I sincerely wish you all the best in safety and awesome rides in future,if it wasn't for your help at the time,I would've considered a DNF.

I only had a problem with the storm water drains, fell twice due to them being slippery, and saw many other people also come off.

2:01 jan withaar

Around 2:01 for the top three. 2nd group containing the next four where at 2:04.

Was different and interesting, some of the water not smell to great. Fun and a jol with mates.

Also disappointed with the 1 water point as only took one bottle for the 52kms. International Trade, you were supposedly sponsoring the second water point, but you were not there.... Explain yourself!!

Otherwise a jol with mates, bottle necks a bit of a pain and those metal ramps need mats so that you don't slip when walking on them... Better if people rode them.

The 700m tunnel could have done with a few more lights, but was fun riding and not really knowing what the guy in front was doing !!

Best part the beer tent afterwards :)

International trade had NOTHING to do with water, they were there for repars and what not. Any way. Was lekker man, I expected the bottlenecks and what not, took those tech decents at the cemetry and made some space. The tunnel was super rad, the storm water drains were super rad the alles was rad but I reccon there were to many riders and that kind of made a mess of things. The victory beers at the finish were tops!

It was an interesting race, had no bottle necks in A batch...the spruit is not my favorite...but it was fun. Beer was lekker....esp as the first one was before 9 am haha

International trade had NOTHING to do with water, they were there for repars and what not. Any way. Was lekker man, I expected the bottlenecks and what not, took those tech decents at the cemetry and made some space. The tunnel was super rad, the storm water drains were super rad the alles was rad but I reccon there were to many riders and that kind of made a mess of things. The victory beers at the finish were tops!

My error as the map looked like international trade were sponsoring the water point, maybe they were the technical tent nearby... Still sucks there was no second water point

My error as the map looked like international trade were sponsoring the water point, maybe they were the technical tent nearby... Still sucks there was no second water point

I agree. They said that the okes packed up and left... Also a lot of the marshals were gone after we passed. The water point that there was, was a let down. For the entry fee I expected more from this. I had fun and it was cool but I don't think I will do it again.

Did 22 in a very long time , 3.37 2:18 moving , so bottle necks , but taken in good spirits !!! As meant to and expected from 9:30 start :-) so had a blast :-)

Only negative is the queue jumpers at bottle necks !!!!

Edited by Milosh

I agree. They said that the okes packed up and left... Also a lot of the marshals were gone after we passed.

They left? Well that's not on when people are relying on them.

I didn't see it myself, but I was told some guy wanted water so badly he filled up from the spruit despite his friends telling him not to...wouldn't want to be him tomorrow...

I had marshals the whole way and they did a great job in my opinion.

Enjoyed the route for the most part and the little technical sections in the first 15km.

As all are saying definitely weren't enough water points especially at the END! that was surprising and disappointing. 

Also would've kept my night light on knowing it was going to be that dark in the tunnels.

A question though for fellow riders: At some of the smaller bottlenecks that are 30 to 40 metres long where there is a less experienced rider walking or struggling and then a massive gap until the next rider in front of them.is one within there right to ride the bush and much more technical terrain alongside into that gap ahead and continue on with your ride without causing any inconvenience to others?  or should one stop and wait the unnecessary 5min for them and others to attempt it?

(im not referring to pushing into the front of the crowds of big bottlenecks)