Saddle Bag - MTB

Rotiringer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

put the tools in your shirt pockets. NEVER will I do that.

I have come off and landed on my back with a tire lever looking like a third appendage when I stood up. it caused more damage than the actual fall.

I have a bag and there is no cling clong.

Edited by Erroli8a8

Best option, can put in a bottle holder on seat post or on frame, no rattle if things packed in properly and no loosing anything as there is no zip to come loose

http://twowheeledtales.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/pro-storage-bottle-buy-online-chainreactioncycles-com.jpg

Perfect Friday topic :clap:

People be like:

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/cdbc47b35de044d5ea37d87f90201ea53b.png

My old saddle bag with tools weighed 1.1kgs. When I moved them to my Camelbak, I immediately noticed the bike handling better, lighter, more wippy. Think of the dumbell effect of that weight at one of the bike's extremities...

No more saddle bags for me

Best option, can put in a bottle holder on seat post or on frame, no rattle if things packed in properly and no loosing anything as there is no zip to come loose

http://twowheeledtales.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/pro-storage-bottle-buy-online-chainreactioncycles-com.jpg

Hey, I picked two of those up on Klapperkop, and another one at a Babbas race :D

Bwahahaha. It's in the rules.......but seriously, it's personal preference. As long as the saddlebag is matched to the bike and doesn't look horriblke it's fine. Keeping tools in a bag is definitely helpfull, IF they aren't rattling around etc etc.

At the end of the day it's the same as with camelbacks, some like em some don't. I love mine because I lag half a workshop and a pharmacy along.

+1.......my scrotiem appendix makes me look like a complete d1ck.......and Mother Teresa when I stop to help.......

(piktha for proof)

.......bike however looks lean and mean.......opposite to rider.....

post-41755-0-63585500-1406280590_thumb.jpg

Edited by BarHugger

Sometimes the Zipper opens up and you loose your tools. I have a water bottle cage on my seat post with a bottle where I carry all my tools. Works like a charm. No CLING, CLONG.

I also use a bottle for keeping tools.

+1.......my scrotiem appendix makes me look like a complete d1ck.......and Mother Teresa when I stop to help.......

(pikthas for proof)

Wow how far away from civilization are you when you cycle?

post-15592-0-64045200-1406279127_thumb.jpg

Yes! do it this way because when you are on stage 2 of a wet stage race and need to tube a tyre, you can have a tube that is full of holes from the mud and dirt that forced its way into the crevices and chafed the tyre into a sieve.

When I do not ride with my camelbak (think short rides under 2 hours or commutes) I prefer a saddle bag for a tube, inflator and tyre levers. I also use a top tube baggie for my phone, keys and energy bar. The back pockets of my shirt is then reserved for the wind jammer, leg warmers, arm warmers and buff as I peel off layers.

If you get a decent saddle bag and inspect the zip frequently you will never suffer the fate of the bust zipper. I have used them for 8 years now and never lost a single item.

(pikthas for proof)

Spare hanger, duct tape, spare brake pads, toilet paper? There's always one more thing to get isn't there.

Edited by Trackz

put the tools in your shirt pockets. NEVER will I do that.

I have come off and landed on my back with a tire lever looking like a third appendage when I stood up. it caused more damage than the actual fall.

I have a bag and there is no cling clong.

The solution here is to not keep individual tools in your pockets. All tools in a bag (or ziplock) and then in your pocket.