This is why cyclist are hated

Cois

Me - I'm gonna agree with the OP.

It's just flippin rude to grab 7 of your mates and add a car to make a nice long 12m rolling road block then expect other motorists to respect you.

Trucks, tractors, busses etc have a professional reason to be on the roads. Cycling is a pastime. The onus should be on the cyclists to not disrupt traffic (too much).

Nobody knows the whole story here - perhaps the cyclists picked a route that had a nice wide yellow line 95% of the time and the OP took a pic of the 5% where the they blocked traffic - or the cyclists picked a route where 95% of the time they created a headache for other road user - who really knows.

Generally I'm against cyclists taking over a whole lane and adding a safety car. It's just selfish.

Road is in equestria. Very narrow roads, no yellow line and s crap load of roadworks just adding to the frustration and hate. Maybe I should have let the crazy angry black man pass, killing all the cyclist.

That would have made a cool clip on youtube

Now I can understand why people kill cyclist. Every one having 0 respect for the law deserves to be killed (and here I am counting myself into the equation) if I disregard the law and get killed it is my own problem.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the law say. Cycle abreast or behind each other?

I did not pass the cyclist.

Number one. The law prohibits me from passing other road users on a solid line.

Number two. I had all the time in the world, but the black guy behind me that tried to pass me will not have any respect for these guys.

Keep to the freaken law! I cycle to work every day if I can. Having to pay for your stupidity on the weekends where you have 0 respect for the law... For rage towards cyclist who think that they can do what they want?

+1

Ja en?

What if it where just a bunch of random cyclist with a wife following them?

Why where you in your car and not riding?lol

Dink nie jy moes hom as shop so uitsonder nie.

Gan maandag en gan kla by hom self dan as jy so sterk voel oor die 5min van jou hatefull lewe gemors het.

Why was I in the car? Because I broke my bike and had to go get spares.

Road is in equestria. Very narrow roads, no yellow line and s crap load of roadworks just adding to the frustration and hate. Maybe I should have let the crazy angry black man pass, killing all the cyclist.

Now I can understand why people kill cyclist. Every one having 0 respect for the law deserves to be killed (and here I am counting myself into the equation) if I disregard the law and get killed it is my own problem.

Me - I'm a logic before law kinda guy.

For example - in Cape Town this kind of action is far more "acceptable" on little coastal roads where the attitude of people is a bit more relaxed and most are tootling down the road enjoying the scenery. In Jhb it's much less acceptable where the car rules and stress levels are high.

Illegal in both instances but far less of an impact in Cape Town...

Ultimately we all need to get along - sometimes our activities don't allow us to get along. In these cases we need to minimize the disruption on other people...

There was a recent incident where a cyclist in Pretoria got killed by a bakkie overtaking on the left, over the yellow line. If that guy had a car following him, he might still be alive today.

The roads are a dangerous place for cyclists, and you as a fellow cyclist should know this. Just relax, wait till it's safe and overtake.

You should go back to that thread. It was explained. Your version of the story is wrong

I agree with the OP. It even causes a safety issue for other cyclists when done wrong. Even just two riders. People chatting in bunches while I'm cycling with the little time I have. Then I have to pass them which creates a danger to me. And no they see me coming but still prefer riding next to each other.

Your my friend, you are simply an Idiot.

Because just exactly like I predicted, in almost the first response after your initial post you refer to the guy behind you as a "black" guy.

Who cares what colour he was, obviously it matters to you?

You also think that you/or someone else has the right to "kill" another. And that such actions could be justified.

"hate" ... "kill"

Edited by TheV

C'mon guys. Blaming everybody and the cyclists and the bikeshop and the motorists and and and . . . Yes I think they broke the, because as far as my knowledge goes, cyclist is not alowed to have a safety vehicle or following vehicle on a public road. (My farther was in the Provincial Traffic force for 34 years). You need special permission and the vehicle needs to have signage that says "cyclists ahead" etc.

But like we all know the roads are dangerous and getting more dangerous, so I think we all can understand why the following vehicle - I will feel better if I am cycling on the road and there is a safety vehicle behing me. But naming and blaming and throwing water bottles is not going to help. The best any of us can do is to ride our bikes and do it within the law.

Me - I'm a logic before law kinda guy.

For example - in Cape Town this kind of action is far more "acceptable" on little coastal roads where the attitude of people is a bit more relaxed and most are tootling down the road enjoying the scenery. In Jhb it's much less acceptable where the car rules and stress levels are high.

Illegal in both instances but far less of an impact in Cape Town...

Ultimately we all need to get along - sometimes our activities don't allow us to get along. In these cases we need to minimize the disruption on other people...

Im already getting anxious, for I might leave the Western Cape for the 1st time in 28years to go work somewhere up North in a place called Midrand, hope I can resist the "Darkside" of hate and stress while living up there, haha (starwars reference not racial before even more people start flipping, haha)

I agree with the OP, but I think you lost the plot with this post. Nobody deserves to be knocked over or killed - I think you should take back what is a clearly inflammatory and massively obtuse comment.

The arrogance of Bruce Reyneke cycles and its group of merry idiots DIRECTLY contributes to car hostility to cyclists. Holding up a whole lane of traffic by riding 3 or 4 abreast is just an @sshole thing to do - no questions, AND its illegal - extra scoop of d_0_o_s. It is selfish and smacks of self-entitlement.

Guess what hubbers - cars don't give a s#it about your "right" to use the road. If you add fuel to the fire of motorist anger against cyclists by riding like pillocks, all that will result is that more of us will get hurt. You lot need to get over this "we have the right to do this and that.." attitude - sure you will be right, but you will be either dead right, or lying in a hospital bed for 6 months right - ever heard of a pyrrhic victory - look it up.

Edited by Pabloesque

I don't think peopl hate us because these few riders made them wait 1 - 5 minutes.

Haters gonna hate! I'd rather make people wait than try squeeze past (not 1m...) and stand a chance of clipping me.