Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Since there are other threads now dedicated to the shortening of the route, I can continue to ask my expo questions here. :)

Is there bike parking at the expo? I don't have a car, just a bike!

Yes there is bike parking at the Expo! Take a lock with please! It will be in a semi secure spot, but you can never be too careful! Enjoy the experience man!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there is bike parking at the Expo! Take a lock with please! It will be in a semi secure spot, but you can never be too careful! Enjoy the experience man!

Thanks so much. Credit card is ready.

Since there are other threads now dedicated to the shortening of the route, I can continue to ask my expo questions here. :)

Is there bike parking at the expo? I don't have a car, just a bike!

Careful parking your bike there! Last year a guy was caught red handed stealing trying to steal a bike, but what happened to him is anybody's guess. Since he was noticed unlocking a bike someone else parked and have not actually unlocked it yet he probably walked away from the ordeal.

The thieves know about and are targeting the parked bikes! It is obvious that someone locking their bike there will be inside for a while.

I plan to enjoy sunday's ride. Sure, i would've preferred the regular route but I still count myself lucky to be able to have a holiday in this wonderful country :-)

and the forecast is looking great too!

I plan to enjoy sunday's ride. Sure, i would've preferred the regular route but I still count myself lucky to be able to have a holiday in this wonderful country :-)

and the forecast is looking great too!

Belgian Biker if you are here for a few days after the event you will be able to cycle the original route ,except for Chappies, by your self or with a few hubbers.

I really feel sorry for guys that have traveled to Cape Town for the event.

Can't be disappointed atleast we ended up with some good training under the belt.CTCT trust should consider givin this years riders preference to entries for next years race.

I might ride from my Place in Plumstead, over Constantia, Suikerbossie, Camps Bay to the start then do the Ride and then ride back home to Plumstead.

Welcome to join if anyone is interested, I only start my Fire Ride at 07:12 but if enough guys want to ride the route with me then we can get cracking earlier, I will just relax at the start for my group.

Belgian Biker if you are here for a few days after the event you will be able to cycle the original route ,except for Chappies, by your self or with a few hubbers.

Thanks, don 't feel sorry though! We've been here since monday evening and are having a great time.

We've been around by car and I must admit, the trafic scares me. I'm used to wider lanes or seperate bike lanes. I might put the bike in the car and take it somewhere out of town

Must be honest, I feel absolutely devastated.

I got news of it last night just before the email came out

I have put lots into this and worked hard to get the seeding I did. It is my first time doing this and have the weekend planned. So on that note I am totally bummed that it has turned out the way it has. But, Mother Nature is a not a force to be messed with and the events of this last week have gone to show us who is boss.. The devastation caused by this, whether it was a reckless act of man or its natures way of cleaning up, is very hard to comprehend to us up here in GP. Its a world away. We see it on the TV, social media. I guess once I land tomorrow the enormity of it all will sink in and the mood will take over and the experience will be one to cherish.

I will be on the start line at 06h35 come Sunday morning and will ride as quick or as slow in line with the mood and feeling on the day. It will be one of a kind and one for the history books no doubt.

Hats off to the organizers and support teams that put it all together. Working on big events I know what goes on behind the scenes. There is a LOT more than what meets the eye.

Guess I will have to come back and do it proper next year

Collected my race nr this morning, overheard a couple of guys saying that they are gonna race as fast as possible. :cursing:  REALLY, This has now become a fun ride. Put on your STRAVA and go and race 47km at home, you will just endanger the other riders. YES we are all upset, but thats the reality of being a fun ride. Just rock up and enjoy the ride and MAYBE YOU WILL MAKE SOME PROPPER FRIENDS AS YOU MEET AND TALK TO OTHER CYCLISTS.   

Just come from the expo... So many of nice toys to be bought...  And the amount of fat bikes on display...make it difficult not to want to buy one :whistling:

I landed at CPT this morning and while waiting for my bike there was at least 20 other bikes on this flight. Most coming in over the next few days will be similar.

These are the guys you have to feel for. As a Saffa even if they cancelled I would still have reasons to come. But for those coming only for the event it must be gutt wrenching. They'll come anyway but still.

I know it's tough but the question will always remain. Could the organisers have put up more of an event despite what's happened?

Collected my race nr this morning, overheard a couple of guys saying that they are gonna race as fast as possible. :cursing: REALLY, This has now become a fun ride.

I disagree. when did it officially become a funride? for the guys who wants to race higher up in the alphabet soup, whether it's 109 or 47 why can't they still race it. If I get over my cold and I get to the front of my group come Sunday and there are guys there who wants to rock and roll I will not hold anything back.

If I don't shake this cold I might just roll at a leisurely pace and take in the vibe.

But unless they put a lead car in front of every group to control the pace and tell people this is now an organised group ride/parade soos die klopse loep. Then it's race face on.

I disagree. when did it officially become a funride? for the guys who wants to race higher up in the alphabet soup, whether it's 109 or 47 why can't they still race it. If I get over my cold and I get to the front of my group come Sunday and there are guys there who wants to rock and roll I will not hold anything back.

If I don't shake this cold I might just roll at a leisurely pace and take in the vibe.

But unless they put a lead car in front of every group to control the pace and tell people this is now an organised group ride/parade soos die klopse loep. Then it's race face on.

+ 1000

Collected my race nr this morning, overheard a couple of guys saying that they are gonna race as fast as possible. :cursing:  REALLY, This has now become a fun ride. Put on your STRAVA and go and race 47km at home, you will just endanger the other riders. YES we are all upset, but thats the reality of being a fun ride. Just rock up and enjoy the ride and MAYBE YOU WILL MAKE SOME PROPPER FRIENDS AS YOU MEET AND TALK TO OTHER CYCLISTS.   

So do think the guys in 1A will trundle along with very little fans around (early morning) and full road closure?