Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

Was also in A bunch and glad I could hold on! Was lucky being on the far right with the crash so could avoid it.I lost my Garmin Edge 500 out there. When I looked down at one stage it was just gone! I did hit a cateye once so assume it loosened with the hit. A longs shot... If anyone picked it up please msg me! I can supply my last few activities do you can verify

Was a thread earlier about lost computer in VA?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started in 3H ended around 3G people. Had a bit of a mini race against my boss. Finished in 1h31.

The traffic is just too much upto wynberg hill. Only at this point did the traffic break.

Was irked about having to stop twice through cape town. Worked hard at the end to get away from the group and as i came into town marshalls signed as to stop...group caught up and my hard for nothing. Yeah, yeah not a race...managed to beat my boss with 18 minutes.

Was a thread earlier about lost computer in VA?

Thanks! A buddy of mine just pointed it out to me aswell.

If any of you guys know the blokes from VA, 1C doing two laps while pushing friends - tell them they are chops.

And if you know a lady on a mountain bike from 1c, doing a second lap being pulled by a guy without a number or chip - tell them to sod off and they are cowards and right royal monkey bars.

Only time I have even wanted to own a video camera so I could get their numbers.

Have no hassles with you doing a second lap for the fun - but dont come with your time trial antics shouting at people to move out your way because you want a fast second lap.

If any of you guys know the blokes from VA, 1C doing two laps while pushing friends - tell them they are chops.

And if you know a lady on a mountain bike from 1c, doing a second lap being pulled by a guy without a number or chip - tell them to sod off and they are cowards and right royal monkey bars.

Only time I have even wanted to own a video camera so I could get their numbers.

Have no hassles with you doing a second lap for the fun - but dont come with your time trial antics shouting at people to move out your way because you want a fast second lap.

Some people may have just started in a later group with a faster seeding. You are allowed to do that...

Some people may have just started in a later group with a faster seeding. You are allowed to do that...

Yes, but then they would have their transponder on their frame or ankle.......

I had a great time on the BMX!

We were a group of three BMX's in matching kit with fire fighting paraphernalia. The vibe and support from other riders and the spectators was amazing! We had so much fun! Loads of stops for (29er mates) repetitive punctures, photo's, refreshments - everything was awesome! Especially passing so many people going up hill - on a BMX!

Thanks to the guy from 3B for the tube! Only realised afterwards that I didn't get the number...

All in all, a great day out! :)

Paging, Dr PureSavage.

Dr PureSavage, please report to this thread.

We had a few riders at 1:09 down to 1:15

It was still a great day on the bike. But what especially gave me goose bumps was when I passed those fire fighters in their gear and I gave them a bow, they then bowed back to me!!! Talk about a humbling experience.

My only gripe remains the same as it's been for the past three years - please sort the loading chaos out at the start as you try to get to your shute!!! Guys were physically gripping each other with officials behaving like bouncers and not helpers. But the barriers and entry points cause huge congestion and frustration, especially when one can't see the fencing and nobody seems to understand that holding your bike up on it's back wheel will largely improve flow and movement.

Long Wheel Base, where did you get dropped? Was pretty much flat out all the way. Attacks on every rise.

Lol up Edinburgh drive I was towards the back and the front guys got away. Just couldn't catch them and not too many tandems willing to help. Admittedly we not the strongest climbing tandem. My partner is my 59 year old toppie so it's to be expected not to stay with the younger pairings up the hills.

Did not ride but had a great day on top of Edinburgh Dr.Great to see the lead groups go past at full tilt after climbing.Amazing to see all differnet kinds of bikes and charity groups.Well done

Archived