Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

Also rode % bunch. Went up Hels with the front group and thought we might stayaway but alas everyone came together after 20kms. Managed to take 3rd place in the bunch sprint.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a decent day out starting in 4B with the better half. Her first long route race and she klapped a 3:40. Did the first 60 clicks on 3:15 pace but faded between 60 and 90 kays.

That far back you're mostly riding a time trial. Few people understand the benefits of group dynamics!

I'm telling you. If you're in front, they suck up behind you until you drop. And then the next victim tries to take the pace ... 

One of my chommies hit a cat-eye on the R44 and ended in a ditch

:-(

Being one of your chommies is dangerous! They did not have much luck today!!

Hope he heals quick.

Had a decent day out starting in 4B with the better half. Her first long route race and she klapped a 3:40. Did the first 60 clicks on 3:15 pace but faded between 60 and 90 kays.

That far back you're mostly riding a time trial. Few people understand the benefits of group dynamics!

I completely agree with you. I started in 4D. Basically was in time-trial mode from the 40km mark to the end. 

I'm telling you. If you're in front, they suck up behind you until you drop. And then the next victim tries to take the pace ... 

Haha, yes, you watch guys sitting on your wheel for 5 to 10 kays and then finally they get ready to come forward but then they jump into some sprint session to break away and put 20m in to you when they hit the front. Laughed under my breathe continuously through the ride today watching these chaps ride off the front of groups and 2 kays later they're so toast that they get badly dropped when you go past them again...

Had an awesome day out! Never felt unsafe at the back!! Started 3k and finished my TT in 3h34. Hopefully that will move me a little further up the rankings so I can get into a group at the Argus! A 95km time trial is not much fun!

I enjoyed myself. Started in 3m. Did a 4:10. I only hav one complaint. The cops did a bad job. Twice they stopped us to let cars pass. And the one time I almost ran into a taxi. Had to perform some skill manoeuvres to avoid wat cud hav been a very bad collision. Wen I looked back I saw one lady cyclist had fallen.....probably cud not clip out in time. This happened at the intersection coming down hellshoogte. I hope she ok. Cops needed to see and make proper traffic calls. Just my 5 cents. Other than that. I enjoyed my race and proud of my time.

My wife would like to name & shame the rider with number 3D 3780. He tossed a gel packet away. When she told him that was uncool, he said the packaging was biodegradable.

That was the one thing that really got to me today - littering. People around me were constantly tossing everything into the bushes; bottles, gel packets, empty sunscreen, tubes, co2. It was disgusting. You have pockets on your jersey for a reason. 

I rode in % and never felt unsafe, but I cycled back to Wellington to ride with my Dad and there was alot more traffic at the back.

I tried riding up hels with the front group until some fool riding on the wrong side of the cones  on the steep section kicked one under my front wheel causing me to go down  :cursing:  :cursing: . Then I rode with the front of 1A and man was it scary from The Prison through to the R44. The marshall gave up talking and resorted to taking video clips of the guys riding on the wrong side of the white line causing cars to swerve onto the verge. Think there are going to be some very unhappy chappies in 1A and %.

Rode in 3A. A very well behaved bunch I reckon. Pace was quite quick in the beginning (first 40km took 1h06).Thinned out on the R44 though and had to ride the last section of the race pretty much without any groups. Ended with a 2:56,which was better than expected.

I tried riding up hels with the front group until some fool riding on the wrong side of the cones on the steep section kicked one under my front wheel causing me to go down :cursing: :cursing: . Then I rode with the front of 1A and man was it scary from The Prison through to the R44. The marshall gave up talking and resorted to taking video clips of the guys riding on the wrong side of the white line causing cars to swerve onto the verge. Think there are going to be some very unhappy chappies in 1A and %.

You went down like one meter infront of me. Luckily I could get around you.

You went down like one meter infront of me. Luckily I could get around you.

I think it was just a matter of my number "being up", for this one :huh:. I couldn't swerve without taking anyone else down with me.

I think it was just a matter of my number "being up", for this one :huh:. I couldn't swerve without taking anyone else down with me.

Think they were over zealous with the cones today. When the front bunches comes past the water stops etc it just makes it a nightmare.

I also rode 1A was terrible up hels someone knocked a cone down I rode over it how I did not fall still amazes me..... Then all the way every time I moved to give someone a gap toove in from the other side of the white line some pushed me out to the other side.... I eventually went and sat in the yellow lane didn't help people were tring to pass on the left... I don't get it we all ended in the same time and if we worked together we could have done a overall better time... In a safer way

Does anyone Know what happened to the girl (Tania) and any others that went down badly in a bunch around the 30km mark. Looked and sounded really bad. I hope they are all ok.