Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

Yeah they are apparently working on a deal with Netflix and another streaming service[emoji849]

Hope they don’t get their paws on Netflix to the point where we can no longer have it as a stand-alone service.

I which case I will pirate the **** out of everything.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope they don’t get their paws on Netflix to the point where we can no longer have it as a stand-alone service.

I which case I will pirate the **** out of everything.

Yeah I can foresee that rise again in Piracy that the likes of Netflix help reduced, as it made it easier to stream content, but if I have to pay 3x as much for netflix, I'll just add bigger drives to my media server instead.

Sorry, the article doesn't show (on the screen print) that Supersport could be part of the offering on the Showmax Pro package, i.e. no reliance on a DStv subscription to watch sport.

Looks very promising, but they would have to expand the sport on Showmax Pro before it would be viable for me - not a football fan...

hi guys, so not that keen to go through 80 odd pages.

Whats my options for streaming TdF, I'd like to cast the stream to my TV. I have a MAC so can cast to TV from here, but 1st prize would be to be able to watch stream on a iPad, as I can then cast that to TV, leaving my MAC available.

is there any races happening at the moment that I can use to confirm it works before TdF.

G

NordVPN, how much is it costing you per month.

Assume you only stream to your computer ?

I have a Synology NAS, would love to run the VPN tool and the stream app on there, and then maybe some how cast it to my main TV or my apple TV.

primarily looking for streamers that will enable me to watch TdF.

G

It depends on your connection speed and how latency sensitive your applications are.

There has to be an overhead with encryption and decryption of packets in any VPN situation.

Having a local POP helps if they have the bandwidth but its never going to be as fast as not using a VPN.

hi guys, so not that keen to go through 80 odd pages.

Whats my options for streaming TdF, I'd like to cast the stream to my TV. I have a MAC so can cast to TV from here, but 1st prize would be to be able to watch stream on a iPad, as I can then cast that to TV, leaving my MAC available.

is there any races happening at the moment that I can use to confirm it works before TdF.

G

You get a VPN for a few Bob a month and stream it from itv

My DSTV is finally off. Gone. No more.

I feel Liberated!!!

I will feel liberated once they refund me . I was told 7-14 working days.........yesterday was 14 working days :thumbdown:

so for VPN the 2 big one's that everyone mentions is ExpressVPN or NordVOB, comments.

on ITV, is everything they have in one package, or is it split, if split which one, I seem to remember ITV4 from previous.

G

You get a VPN for a few Bob a month and stream it from itv

so for VPN the 2 big one's that everyone mentions is ExpressVPN or NordVOB, comments.

on ITV, is everything they have in one package, or is it split, if split which one, I seem to remember ITV4 from previous.

G

Getflix as mentioned above. Pretty sure I watched the tour on itv4 last year

NordVPN, how much is it costing you per month.

Assume you only stream to your computer ?

I have a Synology NAS, would love to run the VPN tool and the stream app on there, and then maybe some how cast it to my main TV or my apple TV.

primarily looking for streamers that will enable me to watch TdF.

G

keep your eyes on bid or buy...I have seen a few specials on the go for Nord VPN