A dark Africa lays ahead.....load shedding

Mojoman

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know one can only play so much donkerkamertjie and Enzo keeps on giving me away when it is our turn to hide[emoji17]

We are becoming experts at Monopoly..... 

However what I find harder than load shedding currently is the constant rain and  having children who are so used to being pretty much outside most of the day, swimming, playing football, softball, cricket, climbing trees etc.    

So now I just let them go play in the rain if they want to. They are just not used to being cooped up.  

We are becoming experts at Monopoly..... 

However what I find harder than load shedding currently is the constant rain and  having children who are so used to being pretty much outside most of the day, swimming, playing football, softball, cricket, climbing trees etc.    

So now I just let them go play in the rain if they want to. They are just not used to being cooped up.  

Used to happen every year when I was young. It would rain for days on end.

Whereas in recent years this has not been the case, or at least not in Pretoria. Which correlates with the general drought conditions we are seeing recently. When was the last time that they opened sluices at the Vaal Dam?

This recent rain has not been as widespread as one would think, not too sure that the Vaal Dam catchment areas has had anywhere near as much rain as we have seen in GP:

Check the recorded rainfall numbers in North Eastern Freestate and Southern Mpumalanga, which feeds the Vaal...

https://sawx.co.za/rainfall-reenval/daily-recorded-rainfall-south-africa-historical/

I hate the noise of generators during load shedding, or no mains . Fortunately where I live no one has one, except me, which I only use if I really have to.

But please tell me, how the fook can a power station flood?

Edited by kosmonooit

I have backup lights, I have gas to cook, but the worst part of load shedding for me is that the cell C network in my area goes down, so absolutely no comms.

I bought a UPS last year to power my wifi and fibre, but I obviously under specced as it only runs for 20 minutes.

I have backup lights, I have gas to cook, but the worst part of load shedding for me is that the cell C network in my area goes down, so absolutely no comms.

I bought a UPS last year to power my wifi and fibre, but I obviously under specced as it only runs for 20 minutes.

yeah, I have the same, but only for the last 30-45 min of the 2h15 load shedding cycle. Fokol. Their on-site gennie / battery backup must have enough juice for 1h45 or so. 

yeah, I have the same, but only for the last 30-45 min of the 2h15 load shedding cycle. Fokol. Their on-site gennie / battery backup must have enough juice for 1h45 or so. 

Our UPS for Wifi+Fibre routers runs for about 3h45, which is longer than the exchange can hang on for, so makes no sense to go any larger.

https://www.takealot.com/superchannel-700va-line-interactive-ups/PLID53646585

ours goes out within minutes. Have logged numerous calls with CellC and they keep telling me they send out a technician, I keep telling them their technician is obviously doing F-all because it keeps happening.

The one time I phoned on my way home as my wife was sitting at home and I could not get in touch with her due to no power. They told me my wife must log the call. Thats when I totally lost my marbles and used every word in the banned words list on them.

Our UPS for Wifi+Fibre routers runs for about 3h45, which is longer than the exchange can hang on for, so makes no sense to go any larger.

https://www.takealot.com/superchannel-700va-line-interactive-ups/PLID53646585

Ok I looked at this link, that UPS has a smaller capacity than what I bought, I'm going to have to relook at what the issue is, hopefully if its a battery issue they are still under warranty.