I'm closing my Hub Account

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed - the incident itself is far from concluded. But based on the behaviour surrounding it over the last two days I do not believe this is the place for the involved parties to find resolution - at least not in the current climate.

Can you please post my reply on the Lisa thread? I will send you the telephone conversations and whats app and sms's later that I also want you to put on there.

Then it's not anymore about he said she said, all the calls was recorded.

Thanks

Edited by Wil6

I find the victimization of Lisa Kelsey so disgusting that I'm closing my account on this forum. Those involved should take a long hard look in the mirror. Only ONE person came out and apologized publicly. The rest of you worms either defended your actions or tried to suck a WOMAN into a dirty internet fight.

One mention of the word Hub to most real riders will get eyes rolling and comments such as Keyboard Jockey flying. I can no longer be on this forum. It's just too embarrassing. 

For those of you who don't know Lisa is the sister in law of Myles Kelsey. A multiple SA champion and 2013 Masters World Champion. How many World Championship medals do you hero's have?

Since when does "winning" anything make you morally better than another person?

So you're taking one ladies version as gospel and upset at other people who took another's version as gospel? The personal threats aside (which I hope are followed up and see life time bans from the hub), there is still a long way to run on this incident.

As the old saying goes, there are three sides to every story  :thumbup:

Good post Andrew...me, I am still on the Wil side of the fence...why?

What was advertised was not what was delivered....the rest are all opinions with he said / she said scenarios. The right thing to do, is refund wil or at very least help him sort the problem out...make an arrangement of sorts.

I also find myself in the same boat as Omega, however it is for the total opposite reason. 

i ignored that thread...and Im going to ignore this one

you not ignoring it by posting here.. :) How about throwing in a picture or 2 for the guys? :D

What was advertised was not what was delivered....the rest are all opinions with he said / she said scenarios. The right thing to do, is refund wil or at very least help him sort the problem out...make an arrangement of sorts.

I also find myself in the same boat as Omega, however it is for the total opposite reason. 

sê net dis oor jy my te veel verlang...

Edited by Karma

Agreed - the incident itself is far from concluded. But based on the behaviour surrounding it over the last two days I do not believe this is the place for the involved parties to find resolution - at least not in the current climate.

Agreed that the incident itself is far from concluded

Disagree that this is not the place for involved parties to find resolution. Wil6 has said he is taking this as school fees so he is not looking for money however Lisa responded with her version and now Wil6 doesn't get the opportunity to respond back. That is not fair. You should open the thread and have some strict moderation around there whilst the thread is still open.

Also things will be heated for the reason that someone has parted with R 24000 and didn't exactly get what they were paying for 

I find the victimization of Lisa Kelsey so disgusting that I'm closing my account on this forum. 

Respect your decision, but I fail to see what this will accomplish and how this is The Hub's fault? It's just a platform. Just as Hebdo was just scapegoat for someone's character / conviction - same here. 

Threads made were not on - agreed. But you can't blame an online forum for what people say. If anything, the ones stepping over the line should be dealt with. 

I won't let anyone think less of me 'cause I'm a Hubber. And if they do, it won't bother me one bit.

Alas:

http://media0.giphy.com/media/5sZGdcOyrom64/giphy.gif

Omega Man, it would be sad to see you go as a result of this, but after some of the behaviour witnessed I can't blame you or anyone else.

This issue and others of late have highlighted the need for some drastic change with regard our forums in particular. It has forced a serious reflection on whether some of the behaviour aligns with the fundamentals of where we started and why the forums exist.

It's sad to say that I've been embarrassed to be behind a platform that has bred such nastiness and contempt.

The stretches far beyond the comments made in the Lisa Kelsey thread.

We need some serious change and fast...

So let's deal with what and who needs dealing with. Swift action is what's needed. Not another thread discussing another thread about a thread that was made. 

Indeed R, the facts presented so far show many discrepencies. I too am more in Wil's camp for those same reasons, but how can anyone have open lines of communication and get to  workable resolution for both parties when they have to first swim through all the public opinion that has been spewed all over the site in the past 2 days???

Can you please post my reply on the Lisa thread? I will send you the telephone conversations and whats app and sms's later that I also want you to put on there.

Then it's not anymore about he said she said, all the calls was recorded.

Thanks

The matter needs to be resolved, but yesterday proved that this forum is not an appropriate channel for it. No constructive resolution will come from this. 

Omega Man, it would be sad to see you go as a result of this, but after some of the behaviour witnessed I can't blame you or anyone else.

This issue and others of late have highlighted the need for some drastic change with regard our forums in particular. It has forced a serious reflection on whether some of the behaviour aligns with the fundamentals of where we started and why the forums exist.

It's sad to say that I've been embarrassed to be behind a platform that has bred such nastiness and contempt.

The stretches far beyond the comments made in the Lisa Kelsey thread.

We need some serious change and fast...

A suggestion is that the sale and dealer feed back section are set to mod/admin approval 

Yes we need to know about bad deal , but don't all need to chip in with 2c ;-) 

snipped

So let's deal with what and who needs dealing with. Swift action is what's needed. Not another thread discussing another thread about a thread that was made. 

Matt, this is your only option to restore any faith for both new and old users who intend using this platform for the reasons you created it!

I respect that you guys let some things slide in the name of banter and not wanting to have to police the site and every post, but some people are playing in the off sides area more often then not. Sort that out and this type of event looks after itself!

Edited by Tubehunter

Sorry Eldron I fail to see relevance between having sporting success and what one's personality is like, perhaps you'd like to enlighten me?

@Omega sure Lisa got a raw deal from the Hub justice society but is leaving the Hub the best way to resolve what you obviously feel is a shortcoming of the Hub? Should you not rather stay and be a part the Hub and trying to get people to see reason or have much needed impartiality?

You need to have your Sarcasm Detector calibrated, boet. It's readings seem to be way off.