2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Oh alright.

I'll race prep your bike for you - free gratis for niks nothing etc. "Cape Town burbs" is an issue though. Transfer it to a Jhb mate if you want.... Make sure he buys you beer when he visits the CT burbs again! Preferable at Saints in Blouberg.

Whoaaaa, as tempting as race prep sounds, you buy the first round if we ever catch up at a race somewhere in SA and I'll get the 2nd! :thumbup:

Blouberg? Doodles is where as older crew hang out! Unless it's Tuesday than the Blue Peter cooks! Bit of a tradition that! No prizes required...

Edited by Tubehunter

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going through what photos are up already on the action photo website and in the last few years I have been quite disappointed in them and the amount of photos iv had of myself in most of the races(yes admittedly I don't use a number sticker so I just page through all the pics but normally I see like 2/3 half decent pics per event) and the quality of them(half of me behind someone else) BUT this year I am honestly very impressed. So far I have gotten up to the malibongwe selection and I have at least 1 sometimes 2 or 3 DECENT pics of myself at each one of their photo points. Thank You action photo for the good work and once all the photos are up on the site I will be finally buying some again(It has probably been about 4 or 5 years since iv bought from you)

Out of curiosity, why would you not wear a number and then trawl through thousands of photos "pot luck"?

Out of curiosity, why would you not wear a number and then trawl through thousands of photos "pot luck"?

I'm too anal about sticking stuff to my bike and helmut(even the bike sticker for 947 and CTCT i'm not happy about so I stick it around the insulation tape on my bar tape and it comes off easier). Also i'v found that having a number or not doesn't matter, You still get photographed. If I've got the time(which normally I do) I can sift through the photos myself.

Luckily the way the sort the photos with time frame I can get pretty close and not have to check too many photos out.

I'm too anal about sticking stuff to my bike and helmut(even the bike sticker for 947 and CTCT i'm not happy about so I stick it around the insulation tape on my bar tape and it comes off easier). Also i'v found that having a number or not doesn't matter, You still get photographed. If I've got the time(which normally I do) I can sift through the photos myself.

Luckily the way the sort the photos with time frame I can get pretty close and not have to check too many photos out.

Thanks for this tip. I wasn't aware that you can do this. I also don't like the number thing- more a weight and aerodynamic issue- (lol, I know)

Thanks for this tip. I wasn't aware that you can do this. I also don't like the number thing- more a weight and aerodynamic issue- (lol, I know)

I wanted to say that but I didnt want to sound that neurotic so I came up with my above excuse.........lol. Shhhhhh

Whoaaaa, as tempting as race prep sounds, you buy the first round if we ever catch up at a race somewhere in SA and I'll get the 2nd! :thumbup:

Blouberg? Doodles is where as older crew hang out! Unless it's Tuesday than the Blue Peter cooks! Bit of a tradition that! No prizes required...

Ah Doodles. Good times! Getting a little barricaded in by all the holiday blocks around it though...

Done de - first round or 5 on me!

Hi there

I have searched but can't find this:

Can anyone (with Strava), tell me the total climbing for the 94.7 and perhaps the Argus?

Thanks

According to my Strava, I climbed 1412m in 94 km on Sunday.

Last year's Argus was 2460m in 109 km.

That's according to my Strava... I do not trust it however... shows my top speed on this year's 947 was some 75 km/h, and I know, I only JUST went over 50 only once or twice...

That's according to my Strava... I do not trust it however... shows my top speed on this year's 947 was some 75 km/h, and I know, I only JUST went over 50 only once or twice...

Thanks, will be great to see what others report?

Are you sure just 50? I think guys were clocking into the low 80"s....

That cant be right. 

Bar hugger Those pics of yours have a few

" I see you baby,,,shaking that ass ,shaking that ass",, ladies in ;)

Those ladies always have the ability to make some of us hang on for a few extra vital seconds , before spectacularly blowing, paying the price of a few seconds of heaven

I recorded 1429m of climbing on the 94.7 

Can't find my Argus activity of two year back anymore so can't comment on that.

This was my first road ride in many years. Road with my wife. Started late. I could not believe the amount of Gu rappers and other food packets on the ground. As a MTB'er I'm not used to this litter. Not sure if it's a road thing or a 30000 cyclist thing. Whatever, it was poor form from us cyclists.