2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

So that you buy either the bracket, or velcro strap from them.

Just loop one of your velcro shoe straps through it.

Thanks! Will tie it to my shoe then.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just use insulation tape and then tape to my front fork. Bulletproof - will never fall off. I tape it behind the fork for a little bit of aero effect. And white bike, so white tape, so looks good too. And I do it like a week before the race and ride like that till race day, so no chance of forgetting it. Yes, they say you're not allowed to do this (beyond my comprehension as to why), but I do it anyway because it's the best solution IMHO.

Guys help me out please!

Where and how do I atttach the Racetec chip? It doesn't fit the front thru axle and I am definately not going to ride with it around my ankle. Can I attach it to the rear QR? Or maybe to my shoe?

The website warns not to attach it with cable ties. Why not?

Cable ties to fork works just fine. Is what all the pro's do

I'm no expert w.r.t. how the technology works on these chips.

Most road bike have a carbon fork, compared to a steel fork on the MTB, so taping it to the fork (more specifically of steel) might interfere with the transmitter signal. Like I say, I'm no expert on how it works/doesn't work.

I've never had a problem with my chip's timing in all the years I've been using it, but then again I've either used the bracket or (since 2010) the velcro strap around the ankle.

I made a stuff up and forgot to collect my racetec chip on Thursday AM at number collection. Does anyone know if I will be able to collect it in the AM before the start? My batch is only 08H15.

Edit : The form says if I don't have a chip I won't have official timing, which I can live with. Then later on the form it says no chip no ride. Which is it? Ride but no timing, or no ride?

I made a stuff up and forgot to collect my racetec chip on Thursday AM at number collection. Does anyone know if I will be able to collect it in the AM before the start? My batch is only 08H15.

Edit : The form says if I don't have a chip I won't have official timing, which I can live with. Then later on the form it says no chip no ride. Which is it? Ride but no timing, or no ride?

We will not be doing chip checks for tomorrow's race - however you will have to have a chip for next Sunday. (New rules)

We will not be doing chip checks for tomorrow's race - however you will have to have a chip for next Sunday. (New rules)

Phew. That's great - thanks!

Will make sure I collect it when I go to number collection on Thursday for road.

Is there any chance I will be able to get my chip tomorrow before the race? Not a killer if I can't, but would like my ride officially recorded if possible.

Normally there is a racetec stand near the start point

Thank you. Will head out early then.

EDIT : Got an SMS this AM confirming racetec will indeed have a stand at the start. Bonus!

I had a nice day at the MTB . We had bottlenecks early in the A bunch (55km). Can only get worse later on.

I met Cav on the route. Nice to meet Cav and good luck with the hand.

Mark this in red in your planning: The traffic will be worse than last year. Everyone will try to be early and it doesn't appear to be organized much different to last year.

The traffic light coming of the N14 at Diepsloot was still out when I went past there yesterday.

NB! Roadies take note!

Archived