Immoral or not... you tell me (dilemmas of a shop-owner)

Naas Vermaak

Because of stories like this that my insurance company does not want to cover my bikes for theft (any kind) because 1 of my bikes got stolen twice in 14 months. At the end of the day I feel like the criminal here and make no mistake they treat you like a criminal too

Edited by Jaco-fiets

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If his intention was, as you described in your OP, to knowingly defraud the insurance company/bike importer, then he can be neither a Christian nor a pillar of the community type of guy. He is in fact, no better than a common thief.

Oh pls! 99% of the imoral skelm people I know are Christians or proclaim to be

Because of stories like this that my insurance company does not want to cover my bikes for theft (any kind) because 1 of my bikes got stolen twice in 14 months. At the end of the day I feel like the criminal here and make no mistake they treat you like a criminal too

Or they hyper inflate the premium knowing that this type of thing occurs...and who pays...johnny honest. I know of someone that faked a theft to get the latest model...cut the frame up in into pieces afterwards and scooped the wheels / group / finishing kit. Needless to say we are not in contact anymore after his bragged about this(almost saw it as his right since he pays insurance for nothing in return...unbelievable. he saw it as model / tech insurance). We were insured at the same place, next day I cancelled my insurance and started doing the self-insurance thing till today. Just not prepared to contribute to this.

Sounds like criminal fraud, with the OP as an accomplice as he benefited through sale of services or margin on parts or through the expectation of future business from the same client, unless he reports it.

This incident leaves me with the same feeling of injustice that I get when taxis drive up in the yellow lane - it's not a matter if life and death but it contributes to the world being an unjust place. If the OP refused to be part of this crime, the client would have gone elsewhere and this would have never made it to the forum. So I'm pleased the OP is clawing one back here for good vs evil and I'm pleased to see that most responses show forum members are the kind of people I want to hang around.

Sounds like criminal fraud, with the OP as an accomplice as he benefited through sale of services or margin on parts or through the expectation of future business from the same client, unless he reports it.

This incident leaves me with the same feeling of injustice that I get when taxis drive up in the yellow lane - it's not a matter if life and death but it contributes to the world being an unjust place. If the OP refused to be part of this crime, the client would have gone elsewhere and this would have never made it to the forum. So I'm pleased the OP is clawing one back here for good vs evil and I'm pleased to see that most responses show forum members are the kind of people I want to hang around.

Since the OP is not going to clear up what happened I will throw my 2c in how the initial post goes, NAAS has done the deed(if I'm wrong it's because your post is not 100% clear) and I will apologize

The fact that the deed is done he knowingly facilitated fraud, plain and simple having second thoughts about it now is that little voice in his head kicking in saying WTF you know that's not legal ,,, trust me the insurance will not think HELL THATS NICE HE EVENTUALLY TOLD US ,,, they will process it as a fraudulent claim and he will be held accountable

If the deed is done its not good and evil ,,,it's 2 people involved in fraud

Since the OP is not going to clear up what happened I will throw my 2c in how the initial post goes, NAAS has done the deed(if I'm wrong it's because your post is not 100% clear) and I will apologize

The fact that the deed is done he knowingly facilitated fraud, plain and simple having second thoughts about it now is that little voice in his head kicking in saying WTF you know that's not legal ,,, trust me the insurance will not think HELL THATS NICE HE EVENTUALLY TOLD US ,,, they will process it as a fraudulent claim and he will be held accountable

If the deed is done its not good and evil ,,,it's 2 people involved in fraud

It's a bit of a weird thread because the opening post talks about everything in the past tense as if it is done and dusted and then later talks about it as a possible future action.

Similar to guys getting there sunglasses on their medical Aid...now we all pay more.

That goes for most things in our country.

Flipping hell! Here I am feeling guilty about claiming for my wife's phone stolen one week after she got it! I am the guy that had my bumper touched up at a friends panel shop so that I don't have to claim from another persons insurance. You have opened the door to hell and now the devil is dancing with you pal. Get out before you in even deeper ...

Oh pls! 99% of the imoral skelm people I know are Christians or proclaim to be

Without starting a religious debate..... The term Christian is thrown around a lot nowadays and a lot of people get bashed for it.

Just to be clear, going to church on Sunday does not qualify you as a Christian any more that sleeping in a garage makes you as a car....

Dipslick I agree with you on this one . Deed was done now the OP is remorseful .

Maybe he did the insurance claim first , knowing he would get paid , then the client asked for the warranty claim . If I am correct , on the warranty claim the OP makes no money on the warranteed frame and parts , only on the labour .

As per the original post this is very unclear as to whether the deal was done , or is about to be done !!

Hope I am wrong and if so I will also apologise to OP .

Without starting a religious debate..... The term Christian is thrown around a lot nowadays and a lot of people get bashed for it.

Just to be clear, going to church on Sunday does not qualify you as a Christian any more that sleeping in a garage makes you as a car....

Absolutely.

That makes you concerned about the safety of your bikes.

I feel the insurance people are not doing their job properly because when someone wants to claim for new frame or bike, the insurance people did not collect it and they get put off with insurance because they claim far less than it is worth, so that person will try claim from bike agents...... The agents get frame and checked and replaced it. Now I understand why?  

interestingly enough I recently had hail damage  - broken tiles water into the roof space (old thick spongy ceiling boards) - 3 bedrooms, bathroom, lounge and dining room ceilings needed to be replaced and walls and ceiling painted. Total quote was a ridiculosly low 30k (including fixing the roof). Insurance still phoned the contractor to investigate insurance fraud to find out why the walls need to be painted...he quietly explained to them what happens when 100 years of dust comes tumbling down....but....they are on the ball...and why I use them