Would be nice to see you over ther IQ - and if we're not in a position to host you yet maybe we can have a beer or a bite to eat and we'll tell you how things have been going :-)

Meanwhile, I've started sorting out and packing up the garage / tools / little used bike bits. Having to be quite strict on what I can keep.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like an awesome setting and I wish you all the best with your adventure.

Some Of us dream and then you get people like you who have grabbed it by the balls and are doing it well done.

Cheers FE.

If all goes roughly to plan we will be very happy there.

If all goes mostly to plan with a few hic-ups, we will be very happy there.

If anything goes properly wrong, we'll sort it out and be very happy there. . . .

Cheers FE.

If all goes roughly to plan we will be very happy there.

If all goes mostly to plan with a few hic-ups, we will be very happy there.

If anything goes properly wrong, we'll sort it out and be very happy there. . . .

You're an inspiration T.

Definitely a "Type A" personality.

Expecting an email today from our Spanish solicitor telling us when is the earliest and when is the latest date we can complete the purchase of our Casa España.

There's a 90 day window.

Once we have those dates we can plan our next step which will probably involve me going over to sign papers, pay the balance an then start working on the project with the architect.

:-)

Update:

Things are moving along nicely now. We can complete the purchase of Casa Espana anytime from next week up to 8th October.

Our solicitor in Spain has opened us a bank account which we can move money into from SA and the UK. We will then draw a Bankers Cheque from it to pay the balance on the property. Oddly, they don't pay balances of properties in Spain with inter-bank transfers etc. It will be done by us (or just me actually, because I'm going alone) in person handing over a registered bankers cheque to the seller and we will do it at the local council offices in front of a Notary, who witnesses the hand-over and signs the property register to say that it was all done above board.

At the moment we are busy obtaining a POA so that I can sign on Wendy's behalf in Spain.

Our Spanish solicitor has to prepare the draft document and email it to the Spanish Embassy in Pretoria. They will then print it onto official paper and we will go in and sign it. Then I will keep it with me to show anyone who needs to see it when I go to Spain.

This is the area in Spain where we will be moving to.

Promo video of the 700kms of Zona Zero MTB trails around Ainsa by Specialized Bikes - Spain

OK - I'm in. When can The Hub come do the first review of your place?  :whistling:

Update:

Things are moving along nicely now. We can complete the purchase of Casa Espana anytime from next week up to 8th October.

Our solicitor in Spain has opened us a bank account which we can move money into from SA and the UK. We will then draw a Bankers Cheque from it to pay the balance on the property. Oddly, they don't pay balances of properties in Spain with inter-bank transfers etc. It will be done by us (or just me actually, because I'm going alone) in person handing over a registered bankers cheque to the seller and we will do it at the local council offices in front of a Notary, who witnesses the hand-over and signs the property register to say that it was all done above board.

At the moment we are busy obtaining a POA so that I can sign on Wendy's behalf in Spain.

Our Spanish solicitor has to prepare the draft document and email it to the Spanish Embassy in Pretoria. They will then print it onto official paper and we will go in and sign it. Then I will keep it with me to show anyone who needs to see it when I go to Spain.

Exciting times[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

OK - I'm in. When can The Hub come do the first review of your place?  :whistling:

Watch this space guys. You'll all be the first to know :-)

Wow! My wife goes to Madrid every now and again for work. We've always talked about me tagging along and doing a bit of a holiday while were there. After watching that Zona Zero vid I'm in for sure!!!

All the best Bonus! Looks awesome!

Wow! My wife goes to Madrid every now and again for work. We've always talked about me tagging along and doing a bit of a holiday while were there. After watching that Zona Zero vid I'm in for sure!!!

All the best Bonus! Looks awesome!

I'll show you around the trails while she's working mate!  :-)

Well I've started packing!

Sorting out my stuff into "Going Now in a suitcase", "Going Later in a container" and "Going in the Bin". . . . .

No tools going into the bin box I'm afraid.

I'm actually paying for an extra suitcase when I book my ticket (cheaper than doing it on the day at check-in) which will allow me 23kg of extra stuff :-)